Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Back to the Future .

China i would guess ? i imagine i would have to lose mudflaps at least with 16x10 ?

Last edited:
Hmm don't know what price you're paying but make sure they are quality rims. Not saying avoid China, they produce good stuff these days as well.

hmm I've had 9.5" rims with a -15mm offset running 32" tyres and I just needed to grind a bit of metal and re-shape the mudflaps to make it work (Stock suspension height). It goes down to tyre choice really. If you're sticking with stock rolling diameter like 30/31" then it should work fine with no modifications needed.

I have always suspected a 9 inch rim with a zero offset would be ideal - tyre size depending on lift , but the only way i can find out is to spend the money and i could do without the guesswork when i'm spending over a grand as it is . I went for steels on mine thinking i will upgrade to alloys later to save weight , but i will probably never get around to it so for Helen's i wanna buy once and buy right .

I don't worry about Chinese quality any more because everything on Alibaba can be bought instead from USA or Australia for about 3 times the price before shipping , it doesn't take a genius to work out it was all made in the same factory .

Last edited:
You could always go for a narrower tyre than 10" Shayne. They list 255 to 285 width on a 10" rim. You just need it to not look stupid which it probably won't even with the narrower tyre. That then gives bags of clearance if you do your sums right.

I have discovered some American bling and I'm waiting on a quote , he wants to fit new tyres to them as well but surely that will batter me with shipping costs and import duty ?

I wasn't so lucky keeping the steering wheel aligned this time so i took it off rather than crawling under the truck again .

Very easy on these but i took a couple of pics to help other's . DO NOT FORGET TO DISCONNECT BATTERIES FIRST !

Steering whell 002.JPGSteering whell 003.JPG

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Went for mot retest and forgot the bloody paperwork , so because they did not want to keep me waiting especially after i showed them the perfectly good bushes they had failed they did another quick test free which was a pass . Oddly enough though i picked up 2 more advisories that i didn't have before one i knew about and they missed the first time around plus the rear brake pads have some how got thin in the last 3 miles :think:

I would never have believed buying wheels could be so difficult i might just get steels and be done with it .

I know how you feel Shayne,I looked for some wheels and give up in the end as didn't want to buy the wrong ones.glad you got the mot sorted in the end was it the same tester when you took it back?

Finding wheels that will fit is not the problem Sean but try telling a seller you want 5 (FIVE) of these ones - not 20 of them and not 4 of the other :icon-rolleyes: i gave up trying to discuss things in Mandarin mistakenly thinking Americans spoke English but i wait just as long for the wrong reply from there as well .

No different tester the place i use has about 7 , i will use it again because they now know they won't make any money out of failing things if i'm gonna fix it myself .

No it's just I've worked in a couple of garages and each tester will spot something different,it's the same where I take mine but like you say when they know your fixing it your self there a lot better than places what think your going to book it in for the work doing.

Daughter in law just asked me to give her a lift to collect her car from the same mot station , i didn't go in with her but then decided to use the toilet whilst there . When i walked in he was explaining the advisories to her and when i came out of the toilet he was telling her not to fix them as they will probably go away when the new brake pads bed in :lol:

Does your head in when they try that with women,that's what gives garages a bad name.

Yes inner steering joints and brake balance do strike me as conveniently invisible repairs especially on a Toyota with 50k easy miles on the clock .

Last edited:
I look at it if they are honest they would probably get more work and better word of mouth as its the best advertising you can have,you only need a few people to say well they said this and that and it didn't need it and before you know it they're out of work as they is plenty of garages about now a day's.bet your daughter is glad you decided to use the toilet.

I would never have believed buying wheels could be so difficult i might just get steels and be done with it .

Got that t shirt Shayne, I gave up too.

Funny though, I was after something like your photo in 16 x 10 circa -30 and couldn't find any...

I'm also after a set of 5, between us we've got half way to a set of 20... :icon-rolleyes: :lol:

I did consider putting it up as a group buy but there is no room for error when you do that . There's only a small acceptable risk when buying your own .

Sure. Even when cheap, five come in at a sum of money.

None of us can afford to buy something like that which may turn out useless in practice.

A bit blingy, but nice rims though...:think:

I can imagine them in charcoal.... for Sunday best.. :icon-cool:

Last edited:
Back