Big Bertha the Blue Cruiser

moggy1968

Jun 12, 2013
It has been covered on ih8mud but as above, isnit really worth it? I went down the Hilux calipers route with standard drums and it’s fine, just make sure everything is serviceable

Hayden-60series

I am in uk
Feb 23, 2018
Banbury
Cheers for your thoughts guys I do like the thought of discs all round.

I stripped the swivel hubs today and the surface is heavily pitted. To my knowledge it didn't leak before but I'm a bit concerned that there a bit to worn ?

IMG_20180909_164835.jpg

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

moggy1968

Jun 12, 2013
If they are leaking make sure it’s not oil getting past the inner axle seal from the diff. I was told my hubs were leaking because of pitting but it was actually oil from the diff as this seal had failed. I had it replaced with a special sea kit from terrain tamer last month, a thousand miles later all is dry

Hayden-60series

I am in uk
Feb 23, 2018
Banbury
Cheers Ben actually starting to feel like I've put a dent in the work know, a mate of mine popped round on the weekend and gave me a hand. He stripped the interior out whilst I did a bit of painting on yet more chassis parts... got to appreciate it when your mates don't mind giving up a Sunday to offer a hand, just got to convert him from defenders to a Toyota ha ha

Hayden-60series

I am in uk
Feb 23, 2018
Banbury
Parts in the kitchen!! Many many bolts zinked the guys at reality motor works smashed the rusty out of the hardware. Kinda sad I know but can't stop looking at how shiny it all is

IMG_20181025_194706.jpg

Ben Stratford

Supporter
I am in england
Apr 10, 2016
Newton Abbot, Devon, UK.
Had the same rear wheel arch panels from cruiserworld, they worked well. Wish i had fitted a rubber strip to the lip once they were done to stop stones chipping the paint off Hayden.
Also have a check under the back edge of the rear inner wheel arch under the vinyl cover, a common place to go too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks