Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Big Bertha the Blue Cruiser

It has been covered on ih8mud but as above, isnit really worth it? I went down the Hilux calipers route with standard drums and it’s fine, just make sure everything is serviceable

Hi all yes you r right Andy I have on a45 and on 40 it is just a brackets .

Cheers for your thoughts guys I do like the thought of discs all round.

I stripped the swivel hubs today and the surface is heavily pitted. To my knowledge it didn't leak before but I'm a bit concerned that there a bit to worn ?

IMG_20180909_164835.jpg

In mine we used chemical metal stuff then sanded smooth and then painted.
Just gone past 12 months and they still look really good

If they are leaking make sure it’s not oil getting past the inner axle seal from the diff. I was told my hubs were leaking because of pitting but it was actually oil from the diff as this seal had failed. I had it replaced with a special sea kit from terrain tamer last month, a thousand miles later all is dry

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Prepped and painted a few more parts trying to get as much painted before it gets all winter like.

DSC_2930 2.JPG DSC_2931.JPG

Cheers Ben actually starting to feel like I've put a dent in the work know, a mate of mine popped round on the weekend and gave me a hand. He stripped the interior out whilst I did a bit of painting on yet more chassis parts... got to appreciate it when your mates don't mind giving up a Sunday to offer a hand, just got to convert him from defenders to a Toyota ha ha

Parts in the kitchen!! Many many bolts zinked the guys at reality motor works smashed the rusty out of the hardware. Kinda sad I know but can't stop looking at how shiny it all is

IMG_20181025_194706.jpg

Had the same rear wheel arch panels from cruiserworld, they worked well. Wish i had fitted a rubber strip to the lip once they were done to stop stones chipping the paint off Hayden.
Also have a check under the back edge of the rear inner wheel arch under the vinyl cover, a common place to go too.

Back