Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Blame Brexit

frank rabbets

Guru
I notice that firms are blaming Brexit for their failures whether or not justified. Lloyds are saying Brexit are causing them to close umpteen branches even though they would have closed them anyway.

Well it's going to take a lot of stress off me now. When I make a cock up, or the car breaks down I'll just blame Brexit. Nice one :).

What a great idea ! Previously I’ve blamed things on having an underdeveloped part of my brain (The Shatners Basson).

I notice that firms are blaming Brexit for their failures whether or not justified. Lloyds are saying Brexit are causing them to close umpteen branches even though they would have closed them anyway.

Well it's going to take a lot of stress off me now. When I make a cock up, or the car breaks down I'll just blame Brexit. Nice one :).
Typical, as soon as we get some good weather the air con in my Land Cruiser stops working,

I blame Brexit, well if Lloyds can do it so can I.

Typical, as soon as we get some good weather the air con in my Land Cruiser stops working,

I blame Brexit, well if Lloyds can do it so can I.
Time for a recharge Chas?

On the blaming note, I wonder if anyone can blame Brexit or whether one needs to go on a course and join a trade association to be able to blame Brexit? Would there be certain bands for what you can blame on Brexit? For example, on a simple lower tier licence can you only blame small things under a certain value? While progressing to the full licence would enable major things to be blamed on Brexit, bank closures, major disasters, that sort of thing.

Of course a level of CPD would be required. A certain amount of hours a year watching internet seminars to keep up with the latest blame techniques.

Yes, I can see a whole industry springing up round this, which we can all blame on Brexit. Only if you've got your foundation licence, so send £400 to me and I can get you started straight away.

Time for a recharge Chas?

On the blaming note, I wonder if anyone can blame Brexit or whether one needs to go on a course and join a trade association to be able to blame Brexit? Would there be certain bands for what you can blame on Brexit? For example, on a simple lower tier licence can you only blame small things under a certain value? While progressing to the full licence would enable major things to be blamed on Brexit, bank closures, major disasters, that sort of thing.

Of course a level of CPD would be required. A certain amount of hours a year watching internet seminars to keep up with the latest blame techniques.

Yes, I can see a whole industry springing up round this, which we can all blame on Brexit. Only if you've got your foundation licence, so send £400 to me and I can get you started straight away.
The air con problem was this, there seems to be some part missing from the front of the compressor.
As for the Foundation fee send me your bank details and I shall transfer funds from my Nigerian account.

Air con 2.jpg

You're missing 4 parts.

1. Bolt.
2. Lock washer.
3. Shim.
4. Outer clutch plate.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You're missing 4 parts.

1. Bolt.
2. Lock washer.
3. Shim.
4. Outer clutch plate.
I know Frank, I've got an air con man on the job, parts are ordered, just waiting for his call to come and make it well again.

I'll send the details Chas, knew I could count on you.

Typical, I think I have the bits you need in my garage from my old compressor. Still if you get new bits all will be good. Pop some low strength loctite on the bolt thread when it goes back together and that won't happen again.

I'll send the details Chas, knew I could count on you.

Typical, I think I have the bits you need in my garage from my old compressor. Still if you get new bits all will be good. Pop some low strength loctite on the bolt thread when it goes back together and that won't happen again.
Typical, thanks Rich, I should have mentioned it on here before I ordered new bits. Any particular reason for low strength Loctite?

I blame Brexit for all this sunshine , i said to the mrs why didn't you book a holiday for when it was raining ! :)

Typical, thanks Rich, I should have mentioned it on here before I ordered new bits. Any particular reason for low strength Loctite?
Yep, unless the new bolt has some thread locking compound on it, which it may do, it will resist the vibrations of the engine that shake it loose. Low strength so you can undo it if you want to. The high strength needs heat to remove.

I blame Brexit for all this sunshine , i said to the mrs why didn't you book a holiday for when it was raining ! :)
31c in Hungary with 23 tonight and no AC in the hotel room. As soon as we flew out the weather bucked up at home and as soon as we get back it's supposed to cool back down again. :icon-rolleyes:

Seen 2 FJ cruisers since we've been here. I wasn't expecting them to be so big!

Back