Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Chassis Rust Removal -- Recommended Tools for Awkward Areas?

IMHO, and based on my own experience, 3-4 days is nowhere long enough for a thorough job start to finish to do everything bottom side, even without problems. A good detergent pressure wash/rinse/blow dry to get any loose shite/grease off will eat into your time.
Weather will be a big enemy too. When I did mine it was blistering, so able to put in full succesive days.
Remember that when your successive and final coats of whatever go on, anything missed and painted over will be a waste of time and money.
Thats not to say that it can be absolutely100% guaranteed anyway, but I'm sure you get my drift. Good luck with it !!
Fair enough-appreciate your advice. In which case I might wait till my summer holidays (I work as a school Teacher) when the weather is likely to be better and I’ve got more time.

I acquired a 7x2" wood beam years ago and cut it into foot lengths , these could obviously be stacked to any height and have proved time and again to be far more valuable than any of my car ramps , jacks and jack stands .

Then I went away to work and the mrs had a white van man come take the rubbish from the garden :doh:

Reminds me of the other invaluable tool nobody buys , plastic beer bottle crates , years ago a man just happened to walk past in the back lane and asked her if he could take them . And guess what :doh:

I can’t locate any ‘high rise’ plastic ramps anywhere. Any recommendations fellas?

1715163136661.jpeg

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
8 inches don't seem much but it will let you get your head under a truck that has no axles so when you drive up on them .............

Back