Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Body Shop Recommendation

TonyP

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
So as my 120 approaches its 12th birthday I thought it's about time to treat it to a bit of a refurb.

Thinking about a general body touch-up, fix a flapping bonnet and also some rust patching under the sills and also some sort of chassis rust treatment. Wheels could do with some attention too.

So can anyone recommend a descent body shop who are not too far from Potters Bar (EN7) area. Willing to travel a reasonable distance, maybe 30-45 mins from me.

Any ideas?

Crama Coachworks on the A1000. Don't got there :(
They're obviously so busy they don't need to call you back, send through the quote they promised and when you do case up, well, you're wasting your time.

Be careful Tony, what may start as a "touch up" might end up like Nathans 100 rebuild. :laughing:

@Crispin, yeah no intention of going there following your experience.

No chance Andy, I just don't think my 120 is worth that kind of spend. I guess my budget is somewhere around £3k including the chassis stuff, which I may use Trev for (I say may as I have not had a proper conversation with Trev m about it).

I went to mikes muscle car garage in Welwyn. He did my rusty bits but I didn't need anything painting. Don't know who they use for that.

Tony, go to your local Tech College, they do a good job, and you only pay for materials

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I went to mikes muscle car garage in Welwyn. He did my rusty bits but I didn't need anything painting. Don't know who they use for that.
Thanks, I'll look them up

Tony, go to your local Tech College, they do a good job, and you only pay for materials
Interesting, not sure where to even go for that

Where do all the students go when they leave school and do day release for apprenticeships
Or do a full time course
If there's not one in your town, there will be one near by somewhere
'

The guys who polished my 120 did an amazing job. They do minor dents, painting etc as well. All mobile.
Revive they're called. Find your local one, they come to you.

Perhaps give @Ian Rubie a shout? Not sure if he's still in the game?

If you're going to use a mobile operation, then might be better to wait until the weather gets a bit milder; I know these guys have tents/canopies and IR heaters etc but I'm old school and prefer it to be "warm and dry" if any paint is being applied.

Preference is to not use mobile guys....

If that's what the future looks like, then I'm worried

Back