Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bosch oil filter or Toyota?

This one is a Denso BT115410-0840

Had a reply from Bosch. I asked whether this filter would be adequate to use in dusty desert conditions, bearing in mind that the OEM oil filter has 2 filter elements. This is the response I got:
With regards to your question about an oil filter for your Toyota land cruiser. All Bosch oil filters are single element type but still suitable for your application. As you are using your vehicle in extreme conditions it may be wise to use the OE filter.
So I'm convinced, if I don't take it to the desert I will be using Bosch oil filters, however if I do I will use Toyota filters.

Rob said:
Had a reply from Bosch. I asked whether this filter would be adequate to use in dusty desert conditions, bearing in mind that the OEM oil filter has 2 filter elements. This is the response I got:
With regards to your question about an oil filter for your Toyota land cruiser. All Bosch oil filters are single element type but still suitable for your application. As you are using your vehicle in extreme conditions it may be wise to use the OE filter.
So I'm convinced, if I don't take it to the desert I will be using Bosch oil filters, however if I do I will use Toyota filters.
That is one possible conclusion.
But not mine.

Well, if I realise (as I should) that the body will be eaten by the road salt long before the engine is worn out, then it could make sense to use a cheaper filter.

A big :thumbup: to Bosch for replying and for giving a fair answer. How many pattern part suppliers claim that their parts are the equal of OEM and stubbornly stick to that line? At least we can all make a better informed choice :shifty:

My opinion rob you find alot of products/parts are made in the same factory just different prices etc.

Karl

I agree with you Karl, that's why I emailed Bosch to check. And even if they are not made under the same roof there are a lot of aftermarket parts that are as good as or worse but better value than original but usually you need to do some research to make an informed decision.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back