Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Brake Problems

MOZ

Country Flag
wales
Hi Guys - I appear to be having a brake problem and looking for some help,

I have a grinding/metal scraping from what I think is one of the back brakes (as if it is sticking on) it eventually clears, but not that good and noisey.

Someone suggested that on the back brake there is some sort of swivel pin/lever and this might be sticking (common fault), so I'm looking for some assistance, what should I be looking for, where is it, anyone have a diagram to help me or procedure to take apart,

LC Colorado 1999

Thanks.

Check the brake pads are not worn out
And stone guard not rubbing

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

I had a horrible grinding noise from the rear brakes on my 90 last year, one of the handbrake shoes had come adrift. Obviously not uncommon as my local dealer had the bits in stock to put it right, that's the first time they've ever had anything in stock lol

Been off-road recently? could be stone trapped between pad and disc. :think:

I had a horrible grinding noise from the rear brakes on my 90 last year, one of the handbrake shoes had come adrift. Obviously not uncommon as my local dealer had the bits in stock to put it right, that's the first time they've ever had anything in stock lol

I was servicing a friends saab today (evil evil GM plastic stuff everywhere) one of the clip on fuel lines plastic retaining clip had became soft after the years, and when I pinched the clips together to release the hose they just flexed.... So I rang my local vauxhall dealership and asked if they had any in stock...Yes we 98 on the shelf! thats how often those crappy things last!

Back