Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

British Indoor 4x4 show

Chris said:
Looks like Mrs Chris has only left me an option for the Sunday. Unless I take the Kids on the Saturday!

Hmm

"Are we nearly there yet?"

Looks like you will only get to look at all the Green Ovals, The MonsKA will be on our stand though

ben said:
i havnt received an email or anything. :thumbdown: i only noticed when i looked on there web site. :)
Got my free ticket and window sticker in the post today :thumbup: how about you Ben?

yes Chas got mine through the other day. :thumbup:

just doing a few finishing touches to my truck, trying to make it look its best. ;)

there was a few people from the suzuki club i was in last year, who after having there trucks on display like were doing, then got to have them featured in total off road magazine in a 2 or 3 page spread.

id like to have my truck featured like that. :pray:

yep thats what they do, take a selection of the trucks and feature them, my Jeep was in some 18 months after it was in the show

img015.jpg

SDC11117-1.jpg

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

just doesnt look the same on my Cruiser thats for sure but was a prezzie from my dearest so it has to stay :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
well I have put the KA on the stand but unfortunately I cant make it now :roll:

Looks like theres plenty there thats for sure

Well that was a bit disappointing. Pretty small and some big players not there. Nice to see much more cruiser stuff though. Not very busy either. Some nice standard cruisers in the car park so me and the lad left notes on their windscreens asking them to call if the fancied selling them. One really dirty unloved R plate diesel manual 24v though! Just wanted a wash and a wax.

Good to see Chas and his immaculate truck and Ben's 70 too although we couldn't see Ben anywhere.

Chris

sorry i missed you Chris.

was nice to meet you and see your cruiser Chas. :thumbup:

i had a great day and bought a few bits for my truck. i got 30 meters of plasma rope, alloy hawse fair leed, and an 8ton snatch block for £110. also got some nice heavy duty fitted landcruiser seat covers for £35. :thumbup:

i came 3rd in my category and received a prize bag and had my photo taken for the magazine.

P1000221.jpg

P1000223.jpg

P1000224.jpg

P1000225.jpg

P1000226.jpg

P1000227.jpg

P1000228.jpg

P1000229.jpg

P1000230.jpg

P1000231.jpg

P1000232.jpg

P1000233.jpg

P1000234.jpg

P1000235.jpg

P1000236.jpg

P1000237.jpg

P1000236-1.jpg

P1000237-1.jpg

P1000238.jpg

P1000239.jpg

P1000240.jpg

P1000241.jpg

P1000242.jpg

P1000243.jpg

Thanks for sharing the pics Ben. For those of us that can't make it to the show this weekend, pictures are what we like to see!

Cheers.

Scott said:
Thanks for sharing the pics Ben. For those of us that can't make it to the show this weekend, pictures are what we like to see!

Cheers.

thanks, just wish i had taken more now. :thumbup:

Simon_LJ70 said:
Great pics Ben, where there many 70 series?

yes there were a few mate. there was the tray backed LJ78 that was entered into the modified vehicle section owned by a lad who works at west coast.

one of the overland tour companies had a 2 year old 70 series, and another company had a slightly older one, both in white.

and the taubenreuther stand had a nice KZJ70 import in silver with lots of bits fitted to it. :thumbup:

in the main arena bit there was a load of university students working on an 80series cruiser. they spent an hour fitting a 2" old man emu suspension lift, and new wheels and tyres.
then later on they spent an hour fitting a front winch bumper and rear heavy duty bumper, then later they spent an hour fitting a roof rack. :thumbup:

tomorrow there changing an engine in a landrover.

i love the fact the cruiser just needed a suspension lift and new bumpers, where as the lamerover needed a new engine! :lol:

ben said:
i love the fact the cruiser just needed a suspension lift and new bumpers, where as the lamerover needed a new engine! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup: :D

Ditto on the piccys Ben :thumbup: I shall look forward to reading about the truck in TOR some time :)

Did you see anyone from SS up there :?: I saw a couple of the lads trucks in your pics :)

Yes, good pics Ben (glad to see you included a couple of the Phoenix) missed you all day but got to see you win your prize at the end though :thumbup: nice to meet Chris again and commiserate with him about his toastie :thumbdown: and discuss its replacement.
I left at 5am and I was an hour from home when I remembered my ticket for the show was still on my desk along with my camera :oops: so sorry, no pics from me. Got into the show OK after meeting a very helpful chappie on the gate (I expect I'm not the first to do that). Had quite a good time though, met up with a few friends who weren't from the forum, bought some bits, including a couple of swivel recovery points and a bit more chequer plate to tart up the 80 :roll:
Went back home via Julian V and had a chat and coffee, nearly ran out of fuel after coming off the motorway and trying to find an open garage in Slough, finally got home at midnight after getting up this morning at 4am. Time for bed said Zed zzzzzz!

sae70 said:
ben said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup: :D

Ditto on the piccys Ben :thumbup: I shall look forward to reading about the truck in TOR some time :)

Did you see anyone from SS up there :?: I saw a couple of the lads trucks in your pics :)

met a few of the SS lads Steve. but no where near as many as last year. i wondered whether i might see you there again but obviously not. :thumbup:

yes hopefully my truck will be in the magazine in a few months. :pray:

I'll probably be going Ben, though not with the cruiser so I won't be entering. I read your entry, like the "Built in Japan, perfected in Britain, and (soon to be) driven in Australia" :thumbup:

thanks Chas, will see you there then mate. :thumbup:

ben said:
looking at the website im displaying my vehicle in the modified vehicle section on the saturday, a long with a familiar looking multi coloured FJ40 and a very familiar looking 80 named phoenix. :thumbup:

Why dont we all enter and get a free 2 day pass

How much is it to enter ???

100 landcruisers in a line

heheheehe

Back