Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Camper conversions - Brave Pills

Well having acquired another 80 keeper the old one is looking rather spare! Think we might have a project on our hands...

After a couple of winter ski trips in the Bongo which was great with the webasto heater! It was sold & I bought a compact Hymer motorhome & have gotten used to a few luxuries like a shower, loo & a gas heater & hot water etc. The Hymer however is bloody useless for space for storage of anything vaguely sporting., the internal seating is far too formal & its not actually comfortable to lounge about in. Plus I don't/can't use half of the space. And it's god awful slow so won't tow ef all despite what the chassis plate says.

The Hymer
2016-02-23_12-04-50_440_zpskqxoaodk.jpg
However its well insulated & well built but it's given me a few ideas of what I do or don't want in "The Project"

Design Requirements so far

Width is good, thinking wider than the standard 80 behind front doors
Long length storage to one side, fixed sofa/bed on top 6ft is the load length of the standard 80 might be able to improve on this with an angled back.
Overcab bed/storage probably & poptop over full head height but even with poptop want to make it usable without it up like the Bongo.

Diesel blown air heating & hot water, maybe cooker too to save having extra gas on board, new diesel cookers look really neat & fume free.

Shower & loo in a wet room this might take some working out, have seen sit down showers in some compact campers.

Simple small fridge, single hob & a little sink
Fresh & grey water storage for shower mainly, 100l works well in Hymer (5 days supply)

Next stage is planning some sizing of whatever I'm going to build

isn't there a mitsibushi thing with 4wd etc based on the shogun chassis rear locker etc. Possibly it was only ever an import. Would post a link but the name of it escapes me. I think they are rated for 3.5t

Delica's are probably what you are thinking, not quite a shogun but almost

I thought they were shogun based and they did the mazda one which was the same as the pickup and ford ranger.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back