Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Can't fit wheel spaces - Gutted !

Shayne

Guru
Theres maybe 3 turns on the thread but thats not nearly enough in my mind .

Wheelspacer001_zps38c7bf38.jpg

30mm would have been perfect to , not sure i can be bothered changing all the wheel studs .

wheelspacers2002_zpsa2bd9071.jpg

wheelspacers2001_zps6df8ef7b.jpg

Can you get the hole machined out to be a little deeper?

Tempting option Grant but i'm inclined to think they are supplied at that thickness to ensure integrity , to machine it out is to weaken them .

There has been quite a bit of discussion around wheel spacers and stud lengths on 90's before and I am not sure if there ever was a conclusive decision made as to why there are different stud lengths on different 90's.

Personally I wouldn't fit them as in your pic, recipe for disaster.....

Hi Shayne,
If your looking to sell them, please let me know.

Gra.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
OK heres the plan -

Roughtrax has agreed to a full refund for the spacers . My steel wheels are going up for sale and i'm gonna get myself some extreme offset wheels so i don't need spacers .

Graham i just read your post , spacers cost me £128.10 delivered , but its gonna cost me to post em back . If your going to Lincomb i could bring them along and you could have them for a hundred quid , how does that sound ?

Graham i just read your post , spacers cost me £128.10 delivered , but its gonna cost me to post em back . If your going to Lincomb i could bring them along and you could have them for a hundred quid , how does that sound ?
Hi Shayne,

PM sent

Gra

I don't quite understand the problem with spacers on the 90 series, it could be I was lucky but my stud size all round are exactly the same length and my 30mm spacers all tightened up fine (all the way) and I've been running them for the past ten years, hmm

Roughtrax were dubious but i said i think its because these trucks are put together in different factories all around the world from parts produced by Toyota . Each factory obviously differs slightly from the next as the many discrepancies found on this forum between supposedly identical trucks suggests .

I thought they were all built at Aichi? (apart from the South American ones built by Sofasa in Columbia)

Sorted ! :icon-biggrin: 35mm negative offset steel wheels so no need for spacers .

newwheels2001_zps94b4e8d9.jpg
newwheels002_zps99a3921e.jpg
newwheels001_zpsf4852ce6.jpg

Last edited:
Be warned though the 35mm offset has got me back scrubbing the mudflaps again but they WILL fit back on with a hammer and a heat gun and some gentle persuasion :violence-torch::tools-hammer::violence-smack:

The original problem may be due to the use of alloy wheels with wheel nuts that have a washer and are partially set into the wheel i.e. they don't use a taper on the nut.

It would have been very dangerous to drive with that spacer/stud combination.

Roger

I remember posting the same thought or similar when i first got the truck Roger , but steel wheels require less thread again than standard alloys . Perhaps it results from a stock problem ? to many small studs left over so use em up , or not enough big studs so use the ones off another car ?

Back