Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Car Park damage

Olazz

Country Flag
zimbabwe
Howzit guys,

Came back to my truck last evening to find this...!

20150911_123600.jpg

No CCTV and of course, the perpetrator didn't bother to leave their details.

So does anyone have a lens for an 80 Left-side rear?

Jeez sorry Olazz. Not got one but either Karl or I've seen a couple on eBay recently

Bastardos!!!! That ain't no shopping trolley dent. Grrr. If Karl hasn't, then the Milner ones are pretty good. I've had a couple.

Thanks guys,

Yep it's the body damage that's going to be the expensive repair !
Thanks hadn't thought of either of those, so I'll try both.

Nearly time for the off, for your African adventure... bet you can't sleep nights!!!

Yes I can Lazz because I drink heavily and take a great many drugs. If it wasn't for that, no I wouldn't be sleeping.

Well you guys are gonna have a blast. Wish I was able to come along too. Still you've got proper African represented, with my china Doily.

Hey Doily, make sure you take a skottle and and a potjie and show them how boet. !!

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well I have my own pair of skottles thank you. A male and a female actually and my poktjie has been checked and re gassed ready for action. It's a blue one with optional steering axle.

Chris does in fact have his own potjie and has been known to make a fine bokkie potjie too ;)

We've not really got one proper bugger-all day in the bossies where we could do a decent potjie and pot-brood. Or do we???

Yes I do. But shh, don't tell everyone or they'll all want a bowl full.

Sorry about the car, happens all the time here, very few camera's so they rarely get caught.

I recall watching a guy in a Sainsbury car park in Chadwell Heath, he hit a car and got out and wrote on a piece of paper apparently leaving his details under the wiper blade. I was suspicious so went and read the note when he left.

It said something like 'everyone thinks I am leaving my registration number what a load of w*nkers'. So I added to the note.

'Don't judge everyone by your own standards'! Added his registration to this note, I also left my own phone number in case the owner wanted a witness, never heard anymore so guessed his claim went well.

regards

Dave

Feel for you Olazz,at least mine was only the bumper corner and headlight washer jet,my wife takes the mick out of me for taking photos of the cars next to me now,

Tw@ts ! .

On the subject of standards Helen's niece had only had her driving licence a month when she arrived home inconsolable after a "ruining" a very posh brand new BMW in a car park scrape . Crying and convinced she would lose her licence she sat on her mothers sofa waiting for the police . The BMW's owner arrived an hour later with a box of chocolates and a bottle of wine for her so impressed was he with her honesty and letter of apology especially given he could not actually see any damage worth repairing . Bravo to both :clap:

Feel for you Olazz,at least mine was only the bumper corner and headlight washer jet,my wife takes the mick out of me for taking photos of the cars next to me now,

The exact same thing happened to me in Greenwich a few months back.
Grrrr.

Bugger!

Bad luck there Lazz, folks have no conscience these days.

I reversed into a hatchback last winter and the spare wheel made a mess of a guy's tailgate. Left a note and he rang us about an hour later. We chatted and agreed to meet in the same carpark the next day.

To my surprise, he admitted his tailgate already had a dent in it, and he already had a quote for repairs before I hit him, so he offered 50/50!

It only cost me the equivalent of £40, I couldn't believe my luck.

Gutted :icon-cry:
A decent panel beater should be able to sort it out.

Dont worry about the panel - just prime and paint it - another battle scar - no impact on the vehicle mate.

PITA though - really hate when this stuff happens, so feel for you...

That would drive me bananas. Must have been something quite tall to cause the damage where it is. I have a couple of scratches on the wheel arches that I'm definitely not responsible for.. but that's a proper wallop. Grrr

Very annoying, feel for you Olazz, shame as IIRC the blue truck is a smart 80. Atleast the damage is confinded to a small area, 4 or 5 years ago someone hit the wife's Golf with a glancing blow down the drivers side. They damaged rear wheel arch/drivers door/smashed the wing mirror clean off/damaged the windscreen with the mirror/ dented the front wheel arch. It may have been a bus that managed this, but as no details were left we can only guess. I had to repair it at my cost. I just hope these people get the karma they deserve in another way.

Recently I had returned to my Discovery, which I had parked 45 degrees to the pavement outside a row of shops, the same time as the lady in the BMW Z4 parked to my left returned to her car. Once I was inside there was a bang and twang from the left rear of my car, she'd swung her large drivers door open and straight into the corner of my aftermarket steel rear bumper! As my bumper wouldn't have suffered from this I didn't bother getting out, and she clearly wasn't going to apologise judging by how quickly she left. Made quite a dent in her door!

Many years ago I pulled into a supermarket car park in a 4x4, it was busy and the first free space looked a bit tight so I didn't bother, the guy behind did though swinging in at speed hitting the car to the left quite hard (I saw it in my mirrors). I parked and kept an eye on him, he waited until it was clear reversed out and parked on the opposite side of the car park.

I looked at both vehicles, there was a fair bit of damage to the vehicle he'd hit, so I took the details of both and got the store to put tannoy out for the victims reg. Turned out she worked in the store, and this wasn't the first time her car had been hit. She wasn't happy, and by the time we'd gone to look at the damage the bloke had gone. So I left her with my details and his reg number.

I heard from her a while later, apparently the driver and car weren't even in the area on the day of the alleged collision. So I wrote a comprehensive witness statement discribing the man involved and his car in detail. Armed with that his insurance company paid out in full. I wonder what that bit of lying did to his insurance premium?

Last edited:
Back