Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Chas' HMS Phoenix

Use the internet Chas pick an overnight stop 5 hours away be it a hotel , campsite or brothel and you have all day to get there .

Yes Shayne my intention is to drive for a fixed number of hours and then use the satvav to find a motel or the like

Looking handsome again under the walnut tree, in the rain today...

043F8C02-73D6-496A-B2EA-08895CF84918.jpeg

Now maybe it's just me but I can't help thinking of the truck that Action Man had. It's the black and olive drab I suppose (especially as I can't find any trace of AM having a Landcruiser), plus you don't really get a sense of scale in that photo.

Lookin' good Chas, lookin' good! :)

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks really good. C’mon we need more photos!

Looks really good. C’mon we need more photos!

Well, it’s Sunday and the mood in the household is boyant and jovial, a far cry from last weekend, when we were all doom and gloom, faced with another week of repairs to Chas’ truck.

Even better, there has been a break in the rain today, enough (with the kind assistance of my neighbors Nicu and Lourentiu) to get the roof rack and RTT back on.

So for @Lorin ’s sake, more photos...

D46BD99B-18AB-4330-AC9E-724A5BCB2E74.jpeg

8977D98D-47E6-4A97-880F-9B1D0EA201E4.jpeg

BD56D4B8-9229-4A6C-BE58-04475BA2DFA1.jpeg

37A43599-B5FD-4807-863D-97610F68E9DA.jpeg

9936A43F-B557-43E0-A87D-4535C9D52F28.jpeg

80C03ECC-8F30-48AF-A00E-A140D23F6615.jpeg

And a full frontal...

8F1F5815-1685-4F89-AEC5-E153E2489C1F.jpeg

And because my truck was getting jealous of the attention to Chas’ truck...

2AADE76B-B21F-45D3-AC91-2E7F9A5E7412.jpeg
65C78585-2005-4618-A22C-783F57F8D403.jpeg A6719955-EBA4-42E7-8F61-C9CE4B59E695.jpeg

Chas is standing next to me now, and he’s saying his goodbyes, he’s a long road ahead of him, so bon voyage mate, drum bun as we say here, have a good trip!

C4EFEBC2-D0D2-407C-8955-C9BC9335BFD7.jpeg

9B6E138B-4B0D-4460-92F0-C21BBBE1459A.jpeg

CCB7B975-9B18-40F2-9255-07C88B3A0169.jpeg

Last edited:
Safe travels Chas home will always be there tomorrow no matter what day it is , and as soon as you get there you will only want to go on another adventure anyway .

I think Chas should think about copying your Modification Clive, and have the bars put on from front bumper to sidestep/rock crawler

All's well that ends well, as they say and you have a 'new' truck to drive home in Chas! Safe journey.

Hey Clive, you are one lucky so-and-so to have a quality workshop like that practically on your doorstep :thumbup:. Hmmmm.....maybe I should move to Romania!

I think Chas should think about copying your Modification Clive, and have the bars put on from front bumper to sidestep/rock crawler

That's a point well made.

One of the contributing factors to last weekend's damage was that the bull-bar mounts had not been tightened correctly, when reinstalled.

Worse still, for some reason the holes in the mounting are ovalised to assist alignment when fitting, but that means the assembly is able to rotate under impact, which is not good. I've suggested that when he gets home, the mounting bolts can be removed and a heavy washer should be welded over each of the ovalised holes.

If they're done one by one, then the positioning will be maintained, and there won't be any way that the bar could rotate and cause damage on impact, the very thing it's there to prevent.

The side bars that I have would also assist, but they're not particularly strong to resist severe impacts, more like nudges and gentle side-slides against trees, rocks and the like.

Have a safe journey Chas, and enjoy it too in the pristine Phoenix

Glad it's all sorted Chas, truck looks awesome

All's well that ends well, as they say and you have a 'new' truck to drive home in Chas! Safe journey.

Hey Clive, you are one lucky so-and-so to have a quality workshop like that practically on your doorstep :thumbup:. Hmmmm.....maybe I should move to Romania!

Maybe TP, it can be arranged ... (ask me how I know...).

I came here on a 15 month contract, 16 years ago....

Safe journey home Chas. You need to promise to keep it looking that good until the club regulars have all seen it 'in the flesh' so to speak.

And remember…it's not easy being green! :)

Great colour Chas, truck really looks fantastic.

Just don't go anywhere sensitive or with trigger-happy officials; Camo trousers and military coloured truck !

Great colour Chas, truck really looks fantastic.

Just don't go anywhere sensitive or with trigger-happy officials; Camo trousers and military coloured truck !
I was thinking this myself… I believe Shayne's Sankey trailer attracted a little more attention than was entirely comfortable at the Hungary/Romania border. :whistle:

I was thinking this myself… I believe Shayne's Sankey trailer attracted a little more attention than was entirely comfortable at the Hungary/Romania border. :whistle:
He was in front of me on the way back and I had to explain to the officials that it was a fold out tent

Back