Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Check your antenna weight before heading off road!!!

Trevor

Country Flag
england
Clearly my antenna was far too heavy for this terrain, I urge you to rush out and weigh yours immediately in case this happens to you. :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :whistle: :whistle:

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

Smashed the side window, pushed front of the wing under the bonnet and rear quarter panel pushed in. My pride took the brunt of it. Got another set of windows off Karl and straightened the bodywork out as best as I could, it had "character" before, just has a bit more now but nothing mechanical suffered and even the mag nount stayed on :p

No, sorry Trev, not the antenna. I think you just had your tax disc a little too high. :lol: :lol:
Makes quite a difference you know.
Chris

Chris, I think you are probably right, I'll put 6 months on it next time, it'll weigh less.

:lol: :lol:

Well yes, you may well notice a difference there Trev.

C

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The 70 doesn't have electric mirrors so I was trying to adjust nearside one manually

Opps. At least the 70 is taking the hits/battle scares, as opposed to the 120!

Damm, not nice seening that. Having said that, you have at least got that out of the way now, so should be straight forward from here on out :mrgreen:

Trevor said:
Chris, I think you are probably right, I'll put 6 months on it next time, it'll weigh less.
You could try winding all the windows down first to lower the C of G :lol:

Scott said:
Opps. At least the 70 is taking the hits/battle scares, as opposed to the 120!

Can you imagine? Mrs Trev would be divorcing me but only after she had killed me :angry-argument:

I love it when I said to her, "I need to buy this 70 so I don't knacker the 120 anymore", case closed dear :lol:

TonyP said:
Damm, not nice seening that. Having said that, you have at least got that out of the way now, so should be straight forward from here on out :mrgreen:

Only after I've put some spacers on Tony, this happened in a blink of an eye and has got me spooked now. I know I'm inexperienced and all but Jeez Louise, I heard Ben had a scare on Rubie Hill at Lincomb so I'm a little more worried about October, Ben has better articulation and skills than me but hey ho, in for penny and all that.

great pics Trev. :clap:

cant wait to see your truck in action at Lincomb. :twisted:

regarding my scare on Rubie Hill, that was with it rolling/tipping the other way, not sideways. i was coming down it following Jim, and both rear wheels came off the ground. was very scary as it felt very close to rolling over forward. only option was to put my foot down which was even scarier. :lol:

mine never particularly feels that safe on side slopes. :thumbdown:

maybe you could fill the chassis with lead shot, or your tyres with water. more weight lower down and she should be less likely to roll! :thumbup:

Nasty . Good opportunity to waxoil underneath though :)

Back