Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Clicking from steering

Beefbeefbeef

Country Flag
uk
I am getting this when turning right at low speed, getting towards full lock e.g. when turning into a parking space.

What problem have I got in store? Some kind of power steering problem?

Cheers

Or worn bushes on upper control arm. But description sounds more CV as Trevor says

Or worn bushes on upper control arm. But description sounds more CV as Trevor says

Cheers - it's quite a loud click which I feel in the steering wheel. Had a CV joint problem with another car years ago and that sound was a lot more distant - if that makes sense.

What do you reckon - just wait for it to get worse?

I'd bet on a CV. If it's quiet in a straight line and normal driving curves but clicking on full lock, it's almost certainly a CV IMO.

My left CV is just starting to click after 130k kms. Time for a replacement. :icon-rolleyes:

I'd bet on a CV. If it's quiet in a straight line and normal driving curves but clicking on full lock, it's almost certainly a CV IMO.

My left CV is just starting to click after 130k kms. Time for a replacement. :icon-rolleyes:

I've often wondered if you could swap the 2 drive shafts over to extend the life a bit..? I have an aftermarket outer CV on one side and the original I put on the other side (I was fault finding...). The original CV is coming up for 180k miles / 290k kms and it still seems perfectly fine.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back