Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Clutch slave cylinder

Cardo

Garage
Country Flag
grenada
Hi Guys. Have had a search on the forum but couldn't find any pics. My question is whats the best approach to get at the slave cylinder for the clutch to replace it. Do you have to get it from underneath the cruiser or can you get at it from the inside? Thanks in advance for any tips.( I'm ok with the master cylinder btw.)
Its an LJ70 1992 2.4lt

Last edited:
Replaced the slave clutch cylinder for my 1992 LJ70 a few months ago.
Replacement is done best from underneath, quite a simple task.

Order a new clutch line as well, the old one may crack during the replacement of the slave cylinder.

If it's already leaking, be prepared for a new seal in the master cylinder as well.
The new & aggressive DOT3 brake fluid may eat at the seal.

I replaced quite a few clutch cylinders in cars and trucks i owned in the past.
It always baffled me how far one can get with leaking clutch cylinder seals.:wtf:

Cheers
Arno

Hi Guys. Have had a search on the forum but couldn't find any pics. My question is whats the best approach to get at the slave cylinder for the clutch to replace it. Do you have to get it from underneath the cruiser or can you get at it from the inside? Thanks in advance for any tips.( I'm ok with the master cylinder btw.)
Its an LJ70 1992 2.4lt

Thank you Arno. Thats exactly what I needed to hear as I wasn't sure if I started from underneath and then found out that there was an easier approach from inside. I am going to replace both the Master and slave and just physching myself up for it. Thanks for responding.

Back