Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Compulsory information

warrenpfo

Is it not a good idea to make it compulsory to fill in your location and maybe vehicle specifics prior to your account being "validated".

i only say this as we get quite a few fly by nighters who ask one maybe two questions then leave and it's always easier when you have all the info.

just a thought

Warren I totally agree, it is a good idea which should be followed through.

Andy

I agree too. I recommended it to Cris and he said he'd look into it. I thought it might be good for owners to nominate their (or one of their) truck(s) to be displayed under their avatar. Most use their signature for this, so it's not so important, but it would be better as a compulsory requirement on registration.

oops - only just seen this. :oops: Oddly I don't get emails when new posts are added here.

I can put a "What do you drive?" question in - that old forum had that. Making it mandatory might be an issue though during registration though. I get a lot of emails from new users who are struggling to register with the current system. Best one yet "Your stupid registration keeps asking me what the first word in "Land Cruiser" is. How am I supposed to know that?" (I can provide a screen print of the email as proof ;) )

I'll add it back in, get it to show next under your name perhaps and see how it goes.

Good idea on the whole, similar problem over on the Saab forum.
As it's come up, can anyone point me in the direction of the "idiots guide to adding a display pic" page please? thx

Back