Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Confused !!!

93FJZ4ME

Country Flag
united_states
Can anyone help me with this nagging problem? I have a 1993 FJZ 4.5, I've been blowing my 15amp EFI fuse after long drives when I come to a stop, the idle drops below 600 rpm, stumbles and the engine quits, after replacing the fuse and letting the vehicle cool overnight it runs fine for awhile until my next long drive.:shock:

Sorry Mines diesel, I assume yours is petrol and I would suspect you have something in the circuit that is draining current hence fuse doing its job and blowing, might be worth checking plugs and earths that are exposed in the engine bay as a starting point.

Thats my two cents worth and vehicle electrics are a mystery to me, I would also suggest asking on http://www.ih8mud.com/ as they are a US based group and may have more experience with US spec 80's.

Do by all means let us know what you find ;) and new members are always welcome especially when they show us pic's of their pride and joy lol.

Have you checked all the basic things first, like all the earth leads and battery terminals are tight, and that all the push together connections on the loom are secure?

Do any warning lights come on when it happens? :icon-smile:

Back