Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

D4D injectors.

Well Ben Its just a bit different I'm afraid and its only the rattle I've got, there's a stack of power, its very smooth and according to my mate Al, who followed me for 50 miles on Saturday puts absolutely nothing out.

Anyway I've got a battle plan in place.

I spoke to the diesel guy I've used for decades this afternoon and he says he can test them for £12 each. However his advice is that in his experience its likely to be just one injector and the only place to get a definitive answer is the Toyota dealer. This is obviously good advice as I don't have to take it to bits first.
Rang Toyota service and the guy was conversant in Cruiser dialect so for £40 its going in tomorrow to have a health check on the injectors and then we'll see.
Sounds like a great plan, good lck Andy

Well back from the Toyota dealer and this is the conclusion:-
IMG_1258.JPG

It seems that +/- 3 is the limit of acceptability and according to the service manager it doesn't want touching, so it won't be.
He said they still get a good few in for work done and mine's a decent one, which is nice to know.

I'll have to have a ride in another one to compare so for now its ok.

Hope this helps anyone watching.

Last edited:
Good news that you dont need to replace anything.
So the conclusion is, from cold they rattle a bit until warm lol

Pretty much I'd say Joe, however for £48 its worth the Toyo test just to know where the injectors are at healthwise.

The Merc ones are tested in near enough the exact same way, anything more that +- 10 and they need changing

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
What is it that goes "out of spec" with injectors which necessitates them being changed?

I have a spare set of injectors for the 1KZT-E motor, I must get them checked out properly one day :think:.

I must find time to finish the body panel welding on the '95', its looking rather sorry for itself at the moment, though the motor and transmission are fine (I've got the RAV-4 back in the garage again, this time for a "Dashboard out" job :shock:).

Bob.

What is it that goes "out of spec" with injectors which necessitates them being changed?

They get dirty and clog up leaving you with a bad spray pattern poor atomization and a weakened bang , simply put your running on 3.5 cylinders instead of 4 assuming only 1 injector is effected , that's how i look at it anyway .

Spot on Shayne, mine was doing exactly that until it got sorted. Scoffed the fuel too!!

Back