Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Defying gravity

unreal that! Nicked it and put it on my face book!
cool!!!!

That's an amazing piece of video, I've seen it several times on the tube!

In fact it's gravity itself that makes it look like gravity is being defied, the front wheels on the first lift, are on a horizontal plane, with almost all of the vehicle weight bearing on them, allowing the front wheels to haul the car up. The aspect ratio of the vid has annoyingly been altered to try to make it look steeper, which is a shame. The rear wheels also have quite a load on them albeit on an almost vertical plane, but its still quite spectacular to see it go up!

Nice one Chas! :lol:

Personally from trials experience, i would say it's the back wheels doing most of the work, all the front is doing is doing is countering the torque.
The wrinkle in the tyres shows the weight and torque going through them.
On the bikes, the problem was always having to use momentum to get to a position where the the front was down from the vertical and could act to resist rotation.
Watching the pro's climb 20 feet of near vertical rock face on a bike from a standing start is a lesson in denied not applied physics......

Crafty and clever piece of camera work to make it look near vertical. Note the quick adjustment to the angle once he is up over the first lip. Also , look at the angle of the road, bushes and pylon in the background to get an idea of how far the camera has been tilted.

Its pretty steep but not as steep as the footage makes out.

Back