Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Diagnosis?

vrecha

Spotted this in engine bay:
diagnosis_HDJ81.jpg

Does anyone know what kind of diagnosis does this plug offer? As far as I know (knew) these old machines don't offer OBD of some kind ...

I believe you need a special Toyota machine to talk to it - it's not OBD/OBDII compatible...

That's the connector you use to short certain pins to flash error codes, the FSM gives the details.

And as basic as that is, it gives some pretty good info. Like which ABS sensor has failed for example. Dead easy, very useful.

Chris

Tnx, I'll consult the FSM Oracle for details.
My beastie doesn't have ABS.
I was just surprised because I thought there is not much electronics at least not enough to justify a diagnosis port. And I was wrong.

If you do not have ABS then the plug may have the connection to read true engine temps ect, the OE machine would give that info, I have seen the plug fitted and no wires or apparent indication that they were ever there?

What information you get from the plug vary's from one market to the other.

regards

Dave

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It'll have about 4 pins it thats it, super simple stuff usually, T1 or T2 short to pin X = will flash a light up on the dash for checking wiring like glowplugs etc.

The cruise versions are great, you can check them via the stalk, press button in & hold down = cruise / a/d light flashes - each stalk option then flashes if its working - or not. The heater controls has something similar too.

Back