Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Diagnostic port not working

Ian Rubie

Country Flag
uk
I cannot get TechStream to connect to my 2004 UK spec HDJ100. I know my TechStream installation and cable are working because I can connect to my Lexus with it. I have been able to connect to the 100 in the past with the same software and hardware that I am currently trying with.

I have checked the 7.5A fuse in the passenger foot well and that is fine.

I have tried using a normal code reader that is powered via the socket and that powers up. I was not expecting it to connect because it is not Toyota compatible but the fact it powered up shows there is at least power to my connector.

What else can I test \ check? I've currently left the car with the batteries disconnected just in the very remote off chance some ECU needs a reboot.

Cheers

Ian

Hmmm

The fact your Techstream works with another vehicle but not with your 100, but another tool works with your 100 means the fault is not within the vehicle but is in or around the connection at the vehicle or within the Techstream. Probably the latter as the other code reader works.

Check for 12v on pin 16 and ground on pin 4. Check these pins and their opposite numbers for damage and close up the receptacles (female pins) slightly with fine pliers to see if that works.

Thanks for the idea. The other tool powers up via the connector but does not communicate. The lack of communication is expected though as the tool does not speak "Toyota".

Since the tool powers up I'm guessing the supply and earth in the connector are ok, I'll check the other pins.

Ian

For the cost of the connectors Ian try buying another. It might have a break in the cable? It might just have been the way you had the cable in the lexus and it connected.. Have you done anything extreme like power wash the footwell out or waded etc?

There are odd things going on. On the off chance, I tried it again yesterday and it connected fine. I had been checking the various systems for about 10 minutes and it lost connection and failed to reconnect again.

I have ordered a new cable.

Interior jet washes were something my green 80 used to get on a regular basis but the 100 does not do anything that warrants such behaviour.

There are odd things going on. On the off chance, I tried it again yesterday and it connected fine. I had been checking the various systems for about 10 minutes and it lost connection and failed to reconnect again.

I have ordered a new cable.

Interior jet washes were something my green 80 used to get on a regular basis but the 100 does not do anything that warrants such behaviour.

Iv experienced similar Mr T reset ecu's because it was disconnecting whilst programming a new key, Its been perfect ever since.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back