Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Differences between LC3 LC4 & LC5

Brutus

I've searched but cant find the answer, can someone point me to the right place.

I would like to find out the differnces between an LC3 LC4 & LC5

I am presuming the model I am looking for would be a 120 model as it would have to be registered in the old tax bands.

Thanks in advance

Tried a dealer? They often have old brochures. You can compare them side by side then.

But

LC3 not leather, manual rear diff lock, no sat nav or sunroof. Dual Climate control, manual centre diff. Spare wheel on the boot
LC4 More
LC5 Even more

Chris

LC4 - ATRC (Traction Control), center locking diff, (no rear locker), dual climate control, basic sat nav, heated seats, leather, sun roof, electric mirrors... and probably some more stuff.
LC5 - Same as LC4, however, has height adjustable suspension, touch screen satnav, CD shuttle, reverse sensors.....

I am sure there are more, but that's what I recall from 5 years ago when I bought my LC4....

LC2 Standard equipment

ABS
Air conditioning
Alarm
Alloy wheels
CD
Cloth seat trim
Driver's airbag
Electric driver's seat
Electric mirrors
Folding rear seats
Front electric windows
Full size spare wheel
Heated seats
Isofix child seat anchor points
Lumbar support
PAS
Passenger's airbag
Rear electric windows
Remote locking
Roof rails
Sat Nav
Side airbags
Traction control

LC3 Includes the same equipment as LC2, plus

Body coloured bumpers *
Climate control
Cruise control *
Front fog lights
Headlight washers
Heated mirrors
Parking sensors *

LC4 Includes the same equipment as LC3, plus

Electric passenger's seat
Electric sunroof
Leather seat trim

LC5 Includes the same equipment as LC4, plus

CD Multichanger
DVD *

* indicates that not all versions have this item

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/t ... spx?page=7

If you look in Toyota.co.uk under Used Cars there's a link to PDFs of all the models showing a side-by-side comparison (basically the technical spec from the brochures)

Cheers

OK - got all that I think

More questions

1. Do all LC's have side opening tailgate door irrespective of the spare ?

2. Is it only the LC3 that came with cloth seats - they're warmer

If the doors are all side openings and the cloth seats are only in the LC3 then I suppose it will be an LC3 I look for - UNLESS - I go for LC4 or 5 and buy LC3 seats on ebay and swap across. Sounds daft I know when all you people will be wanting leather but SWMBO find them cold.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
All rear doors are side opening, only the placement of the spare varies. And the leather seats on the LC5 are heated :lol:

Gary Stockton said:
All rear doors are side opening, only the placement of the spare varies. And the leather seats on the LC5 are heated :lol:

Personally I also prefer the cloth trim on cars, as over time they are more withstanding, are not cold when you get into them, on long drives are a lot more confy, and on leather seats you can get very sticky when hot. However the leather seats look very nice.

Re: Re: Differences between LC3 LC4 & LC5

Gary Stockton said:
And the leather seats on the LC5 are heated :lol:

Uhum, us LC4 drivers have heated seats too. ;)
Sent from TapaTalk

Good thing too. And there's always sheepskin covers I suppose ...

Leather's pretty good too. Perforated and not sweathy in the heat, unlike the shiny stuff in the XC90 and the stuff in my 5 Series a few years back.

Re: Differences between LC3 LC4 & LC5

What is this heat and sweat stuff of which you speak? Was it an optional extra? I've not seen it in the UK.

Sent from TapaTalk

TonyP said:
LC4 - ATRC (Traction Control), center locking diff, (no rear locker), dual climate control, basic sat nav, heated seats, leather, sun roof, electric mirrors... and probably some more stuff.
LC5 - Same as LC4, however, has height adjustable suspension, touch screen satnav, CD shuttle, reverse sensors.....

I am sure there are more, but that's what I recall from 5 years ago when I bought my LC4....

LC3 has dual climate

G.

Gary Stockton said:

Doesn't the LC5, and some of the later Lc4 have an "up and over " read door?

G.

Ok - So I am told the LC3 has all the diff locks etc and as I need more off road than Chelsea tractor I suppose an LC3 will be the choice. To be honest I sometimes like to control what the wheels are doing rather than an electronic brain doing it for me.

Aiming for something in the older tax bracket so nothing newer than early 2006. Low mileage if possible snd some service history.

What could go wrong that I should look for ?

Injectors
Rust
Electronic lockers not working
Bad corrosion on the wheels, especially an under-slung spare if fitted
Blocked breathers

Then the usual 6 year old car stuff I guess

Only issue I have had on my 2005 LC4 have been correded rims (replaced under warantee) and a leaking water pump.... cost me £400 to get Toyota to replace, Also the brake calipers have corrosion on the pistons which I need to replace... will do so after the comming winter.

Oh yes - pre-2006 have front brake issues - if the calipers haven't been replaced you can replace them or refurbish them with a new seal pack and bits 'n bobs

Back