Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Does your Cruiser have a nick-name?

Kup

Country Flag
switzerland
Pets have names, like Fido, Spot, Blacky, Flicka, etc, so why not Cruisers?
I haven't given mine one yet; still waiting for inspiration.

Who has given their Cruiser a nick-name, and why? Come on, be honest !

"The Big Car" named by my kids to differentiate between the Cruiser and our other car, a Yaris - which is "The Small Car"; we're simple people.

Mine is called Thirsty, not because she is heavy on fuel which is what most people assume, but because she is thirsty for adventure and travel.
She is the third Thirsty, the previous two were petrol, the other two were both were deisel, one was called springkaan because she hopped and skipped over bumps when empty due to extra spring leafs for load carrying capacity, the other was called spinnekop because it was formerly a recovery truck and used to spin webs with its cables.
All except the current truck were LWB 40 series pickups.
As you can guess from the above not counting my current 80 series there have been four cruisers in my life and they have all been fantastic vehicles.

Mine is called Thirsty, not because she is heavy on fuel which is what most people assume, but because she is thirsty for adventure and travel.
She is the third Thirsty, the previous two were petrol, the other two were both were deisel, one was called springkaan because she hopped and skipped over bumps when empty due to extra spring leafs for load carrying capacity, the other was called spinnekop because it was formerly a recovery truck and used to spin webs with its cables.
As you can guess from the above not counting my current 80 series there have been four cruisers in my life and they have all been fantastic vehicles.[/Q
As you can guess from the above not counting my current 80 series there have been four cruisers in my life and they have all been fantastic vehicles.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi. Yeah we do to. Our 24v 80 is known as Brutus and the 12 v modified truck is buster.

^^^^????

regards

Dave

EDIT: Ignore this now.

My 80 is called the "Truck", really only to differentiate between it and the other "car" which is a Sandero :)

we call ours "bouncy" as when 1st brought it the oem rear bags and shocks were leaking and the drive was sickening nearly. thankfully the aussies love these cars and importing is still cheaper than buying oem. :)

Laning buddies call mine "The Ark Royal" so named after a particular narrow gate episode in the Lake District where I had 2mm each side *lol*

My Mrs calls it "Mr. Grey" so named after shinanigans in the roof tent, in the garden, after we'd watched 50 shades of grey on DVD *rofl*

My Mrs calls it "Mr. Grey" so named after shinanigans in the roof tent, in the garden, after we'd watched 50 shades of grey on DVD *rofl*

Careful, this is a family forum. :)

regards

Dave

Our 40 has had her name since we acquired her in 2002. Family and friends know her as 'Elsie'.

I suspect that most of you will have already sussed out the name but for those who haven't - she is a Land Cruiser = LC

Regards

Laning buddies call mine "The Ark Royal" so named after a particular narrow gate episode in the Lake District where I had 2mm each side *lol*

Best not ask why you're called pumpy then...

My youngest grandson, 2 yr old in June, it's "Grandads Truck" , he normally "drives" it when he comes round or I go there.

My son told me of a funny moment when he stopped at a motorway service station, as they drove in, there was a Silver Collie 95 in the car park.
As soon as he got out he legged it for "Grandads Truck" and wasn't happy that he wasn't going "drive Grandads Truck"

Reactions: uHu
My youngest grandson, 2 yr old in June, it's "Grandads Truck" , he normally "drives" it when he comes round or I go there.

My son told me of a funny moment when he stopped at a motorway service station, as they drove in, there was a Silver Collie 95 in the car park.
As soon as he got out he legged it for "Grandads Truck" and wasn't happy that he wasn't going "drive Grandads Truck"

Nice, my daughter likes any opportunity to 'drive'.
One day her feet will reach the pedals, then I'll be in trouble....

But of course:
'Shamowang' is from Chinese - The King of the Desert.
'Abu Shenab' is what "the desert people", the bedouins, call it, although that name might be more fitting on a 40-series pickup.
During my first cruiser years, I drove through the desert-like landscapes of the middle east, mainly with cruisers.

It's either known as the truck, the other woman or the big lady :)

Reactions: uHu
Back