Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Drivers Seat Alternative KZJ70

Yorkshire Devil

I just wondered if anyone had replaced the drivers seat for the KZJ70 from another car, what other drivers seats are compatible with the SWB three door KZJ70?

My seat foam has turned to dust! Anyone got a drivers seat kicking around?

I've got the same problem, i'm quite broad in the back so the middle of my back isn't supported by the seat and makes it terribly uncomfortable to drive long distance, from what I've seen and measured up with modern seats are the frame rails are much wider so would require a custom seat base being made up

Not specifically a KZJ70 but I have put the Recaro from my old track car into my 95, using a Bride seat rail from Japan. Pretty sure they do something to fit the 70 though.

Im also interested in this. I have rebuilt my drivers seat using parts from a spare seat I had its just not very comfortable really.

I fitted a pr. of Recaro seats a number of years ago. Cost the best part of £900 but well worth it. They had a single runner in stock which they gave me and I was able to make up a suitable pair to fit the car. Beneath each seat I fitted a sliding drawer to hold various pieces of kit.

Roger

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I re-foamed my drivers seat with 2" 6lb recon but forgot that it now sites 2" higher and hit my head on the way in!

Have a look at Celica seats; we had some in one of the work Troopys

I've just sold my truck but have the fabricated seat mounts available to use an aftermarket seats on your 70 series. Currently on eBay.

The seats from a Volvo have been the favoured replacement seat in the LandRover world for a long time due to the comfort and availability from a scrappy :)

Wow, never had a problem in my old '78 for long distance driving. It had adjustable lumbar support which I think probably helped a lot though. Maybe look for a jap import scrapper? You might find the same thing.

Back