Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Early petrol 100 series Rear diff lock?

Garage
Just a quick question and I have searched but to no avail.

Would an early 100 series V8 petrol have a rear diff lock? I assume it has a centre diff lock that engages automatically in low range and there is presumable a way to gain manual control by fitting a switch like the 80 series?

I know the TD4.2 100 series have centre AND rear but wanted confirmation on the petrols.
2 petrol 100 series both 1999 models sold on eBay in the last few days for £5k, one of them had only 80,000 miles on the clock.

I think I need one in my life. My miss my 80 series.

Quite a few of them have them but I don't know if they were a standard fitment or optional so check the individual vehicle for a rotary switch like the one on your 80 but with only the rear position.

Perfect. Thanks!

Oh and, MPG wise with some all terrain tyres could I expect to average mid teens and on a run get closer to 20mpg?

I don't know if you'll ever see 20 but mine has managed 17 even with a bit of towing and is modified but you're likely to crash and burn due to boredom driving like that :)

Just refilled mine, 14.3mpg and apart from when I was towing the caravan when I tend to drive slower I enjoyed every mile ;)

Back