Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

electric power steps for 100 series

jaholo

Country Flag
australia
Hi
Has anyone installed a set of electric power steps and if so where did you get them some internet searches show Amp research and also clearview but nothing for the 100 series
A while ago I found some that were a universal fit and cut and fit to size but can't find the site or reference
My wifey and I are both in our 70's and a set of these would make entering and exiting the vehicle so much easier
I live in Western Australia
thanks Regards Jim

Hi Jim I don't want to be a Party pooper, but my son bought some for his VW Touareg and they were great for
the a few months and then his Wife stepped on it one day and pulled through the floor, so we strengthened the
fittings and then it lasted a few more Months and then one of the pivoting pins sized up and broke the castings,
we contacted the company but they were not very helpful and said that's what you get from "China"

He paid just over £500 and he now says he wish he had not bothered.

You say you have got a 100 series, has it not got fixed running boards ?, if so just use them,

Also living in AU I would think it is more drier (and a bit warmer) so you might not get the Salt and crud that we
get in Winter

Sorry for not being very helpful

Steve

Back