Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Engine Oil levels on dipstick

Mick W

Country Flag
great_britain
Anyone know the difference in oil level between the top and bottom marker on the engine oil dipstick for a 90 series 1KZ-TE 3.0L (Auto)? :think: The Toyota hand book doesn't say. TIA :thumbup:

Don't have any official data, and my engine is the KD, (same bottom end really) and a litre usually brings mine to the top mark from low..

normally a litre on most things

Cheers. Never get a clear reading on the stick but occasionally get a flash from the ‘low level’ indicator so think I’ll add a little and see.

if you do your own oil changes the best thing to do is next time you do an oil and filter change put 7 litres of oil in and that will be the correct level.

Had a look in my Haynes manual, nothing specific, said to hold back 0.5-1 litre from the nominal amount to make sure you don't overfill.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
New oil isn't easy to see on a dipstick so just wipe it sideways on a paper towel which will show exactly where between the marks oil is .

Tried wiping the dipstick but oil must get into the pipe further down. When reading the level it's hard to distinguish the actual level on the stick. Will try and take a photo at the weekend, just don't want to add too much.

@Mick W this might be of use.

IMG_20220119_070925__01.jpg

Reactions: Raj
Back