Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

engine Spec

Darrellspeed

HI guys, i have d4d colorado, 2002, i bought a chip wizards chip the other day, but when i went to fit it, the cennectors were different, they said maybe i have a later type ecu on it, can someone tell me what ecu code i should have nd where i can find it to check my engine spec? Thanks

I've got a 2002 colorado with d4d lump in it, I could have a quick look at that over the next couple of days if that helps??

Exactly what numbers are you after??

HI guys, i have d4d colorado, 2002, i bought a chip wizards chip the other day, but when i went to fit it, the cennectors were different, they said maybe i have a later type ecu on it, can someone tell me what ecu code i should have nd where i can find it to check my engine spec? Thanks
Hi Darrell,

From what I know, there are 3 different types of chip that I know off.

Some are for the early D4d engines, and some are for the later ones.
Your's sounds the like early one, I suspect as I think the change over date was around 2004-5.

The early one I had was a Lindop Toyota one, amd had long grey plugs, that plug into the injection firing module, like the first image.
This type also needs an input from the accelerator pedal, and a posative and negative connection from the battery.

The other early type type I have had, have 2 square square plugs, and these simply connect into the common rail high pressure fuel line, (second image).

I had both of these, but didn't get around to fitting the first type, as I run out of "fitting time"

I fitted the second type, but I really couldn't feel much difference.
Image 3.
As mine was an auto, any extra power that the engine developed, simply caused the auto box to downshift, and in my opinion, defeated the idea.
It didn't feel any different, and my fuel consumption was unaffected.

I guess it might feel differenct on a manual.

Gra.

Attachments

• LC Chip (9).jpg
    LC Chip (9).jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 74
  • LC Chip (4).jpg
    LC Chip (4).jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 62
  • chip.jpg
    chip.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 81
Back