Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Exhaust Front Pipe 1HD-FT

Brett

Country Flag
uk
Went out in the cruiser at lunctime today & thought I could hear the turbo a lot more clearly, I parked up with the engine still running & when I opened the door I could clearly hear the exhaust blowing. The exhaust has snapped on the front pipe just below the flexible section :x

What's the general opinion, go Genuine parts or are the Milners ones Ok. This was a genunine Toy part but it's not lasted 2 years :x

I have the same problem in the same place on the exhaust.
Have been thinking about going to a 3" full Stainless Steel replacement.
Would be interested to know your solution.

IQ

When my exhaust went, I replaced that flexible with a new 3" one & then went through with a 3" pipe following the same route as the OEM zorst. I took the pipe off the turbo & cut it back to weld in an 'expander' to 3" just above the flexi section

I put a PECO box in it where the big OEM one was. It ain't pretty but it works well & sounds nice. I've heard a straight through 3" system & am quite glad I fitted the box...

IIRC, the 3" flexi was about £30 & the box was £40 - all the bends & other stuff I had 'lying around'... :whistle:

I want something off the shelf really Gav, I haven't got time or the constitution to struggle with fitting one in this weather :snooty:

Ideally, I'd get a Rage 3" system but I don't think anyone sells them over here?

Bluddy right Brett, it was a hateful job building that exhaust...

You could try that chap that Jon Wildsmith used - I can't recall where in the UK you are though...

Yeah, Norfolk is a bit of a hike over to there... :doh:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Simon is slowly strangling his own website to death... What a dingus...

Brett,
I think Milner is your best bet. I don't have direct experience but my 80 had a Milner flexi section fitted right when I bought it and the PO reckoned that the Milners one was an OEM part (or at least indistinguishable from the original one). Anyway, it apparently fitted perfectly. I've had it for nigh on 3 years and it's still 100% fine. The rear section of my exhaust is a different story though...

Alternatively, you could get a used one from Karl - that's what I've done to replace my rusted rear section which I'll get round to fitting one of these days :mrgreen:

Cheers,

Andrew Prince said:
Brett,
I think Milner is your best bet. I don't have direct experience but my 80 had a Milner flexi section fitted right when I bought it and the PO reckoned that the Milners one was an OEM part (or at least indistinguishable from the original one). Anyway, it apparently fitted perfectly. I've had it for nigh on 3 years and it's still 100% fine.

Andrew,

Thanks for this, that's good to know.

I've sent an email to a supplier in NZ who does the Rage big bores, apparently he delivers to the UK so I'll see what he comes up with :pray:

It sounds rather pricey though.... :whistle: Keep us posted on what you get quoted. The "TLOC" bloke in Yorkshire or even Powerflow will probably be competitive on price.

The Milner one at £70 is going to be quite hard to beat :lol:

Cheers,

I have mailed this chap on TCOCK as W Yorks is close enough for me. See what he comes back with. We do have Cobra in Sheffield who make very nice systems for the 80. Towpack (Phil) had one on his. Sounded luuuuverly.

My exhaust is in a bad way. Not rusted. Just battered. Now is the time I think. But happy to build my own up from bits. Need that 3" conversion bit from the manifold though and then flexi.

Chris

Andrew Prince said:
It sounds rather pricey though.... :whistle: Keep us posted on what you get quoted.

The price on the website is £329.00 this is for the complete 3" OD system including the dump pipe.

Just need to see if this includes delivery. Someone on Mud ordered one from them & it arrived in 3 days! :shock: :clap:

Gav Peter said:
You could try that chap that Jon Wildsmith used
Pro-Speed. I think a few club members have had their 80's done there now. Not especially cheap but good quality and spec it how you want it.

andyw said:
He quoted me an approx prrice of £550 :?
That isnt so bad. You may get a custom made exhaust for a little less at Pro-Speed, but that is fitted.

Rob said:
andyw said:
He quoted me an approx prrice of £550 :?
That isnt so bad. You may get a custom made exhaust for a little less at Pro-Speed, but that is fitted.
My 3" S/S system with side exit behind rear wheel from Prospeed cost £480, I asked for it to be no noisier than the standard exhaust, it's now got a nice deeper note :cool: but no noisier than before. He does take a lot of trouble getting it just how you want it :clap: , I think it was well worth the money :thumbup:

Hello All,

As said before we are just starting to jig up to make the 3" systems in Hygienic 3" Stainless. the systems will be purge welded, by a coded welder.

We made one years ago on my truck, and it performs really well, i drive my truck every day.

It only really just struck me that no one is making and off the shelf unit. so if i can gauge a need we can produce them at reasonable prices.

What i'd like to know is how much people would be prepared to pay for a top quality off the shelf system that hugs the under side of the truck.

Also I'd like to know the 'tone' people would like, Mine has one silencer approximately 2' long and has a nice deep rumble to it. we can make them very quite with out restricting the performance.

I love my truck to bits, its a proper work horse, just thought it would be nice to put something back to the other LC80 Owners out there

My next upgrades are a holset turbo and front mounted intercooler kit (were an agent for Holset turbos that power the likes of the fastest street cars in the uk ;) )

Might put the truck on the dyno just to give you some results.

i have attached a few pictures of the systems that are produced for the likes of Nissan GTR and BMW M5 V8

Sorry there phone pix
photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo3.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Martin

http://www.taylormachine.co.uk

Back