Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fiery

;) It's got everything you need Tony. I still have the other front axle on the shelf with the air locker in.........you know you're tempted :yum:

Timing belt is all intact, I went off to make the transporter driver a brew when Fiery was delivered back to me and when I came out he DROVE it off the transporter. I was a tad pissed off, it sounded rough like it was running on 3 with the odd puff of white smoke.

So it'll be even more goosed now I would have thought.

When I get chance after fixing Fiery, I'll open the engine up and see if it's viable to rebuild and sell on. I have a spare block that I could use if Fiery's is scored. Also depends if the head has been fried, if it is then all I can do is sell the ancillaries to try and offset the cost of replacement engine etc.

Yo Trevor and all. . I took the time to check out what Happened to fireeys original motor.

1497556795821.jpg

Quite nasty really. So was a bit of a surprise when I took the head off. Was just expecting an over heat... but this seems to be the reason for the split header on the radiator!

So guys whats the reason for no1 to have ended up look look like this?

No2 and no3 are fine but there seems to be something previous happened to no4 looks like the small piston ring pin that stops the piston ring from turning around has got in the cylinder! Looks like a long time ago as no fresh indentations!

Will follow up with a picture of the head.!

Blimey, that's some burned piston at no. 1.

Is that an injector problem, I can't think what else would do that, to just one piston...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
1497557535659.jpg

No 4 not sure if it can be seen on zoom but the marks are not close to the head seal. There's of course a problem with no1 but there's no cracks in the head but its a bit warped!
The head is also a replacement but am tempted to get it skimmed. So there's been a previous problem with fireys motor before Steven aquired it.

Interesting to see as we know the history of this truck/motor!

Be interested in hearing what people think of this milarky! :think::thumbup:

Judging by how clean no 1 valves are I would follow on from Clives initial thought that an injector may possibly be leaking and burning a hole through that piston. That's far from small. That indentation on no4 could possibly be a broken glow plug tip pinging itself and getting trapped between the piston and valves. I've had something similar in the past. Pull out the plugs and see what they look like.

Back