Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

fitted new handbrake cable....

IRLGW

as per title only to find that nothing works....my conclusion is that the inner cable is just too long. Design fault -end of. My old cable had two clamps fitted to remove about 10mm out of each cable. Now another question arises in how tight should the swivel lever pivot bolt be, where the offside cable is connected to the main cable. Cannot see any ref to it in the fsm. It has the nylon bushings so im guessing it wants to be pretty free

I had this on mine. Was a nice genuine from roughtrax

well milners oem spec....Im waiting for a bumper sticker so I can rebrand my truck. Actually in this case theirs was same as toyota and it was a toyota one i crimped up to suit. So I think toyota just got it wrong possibly because sutos dont really need a handbrake but then they bastardised the manual version from leftovers. Anyway forgot to mention that I had to cut down a long socket and thread it over the adjuster inside the car to get any bite on the new one so looks like i will have to shorten the tails on it as well. I dont know why they just didnt usr a split cable and thinking I might try to adapt one after the retest tomortow...

After market bumper stickers are available, they keep falling off though..

Back