Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fitting long range fuel tank.

Liam T

Country Flag
uk
Hi ,
I am in the middle of fitting a long range fuel tank(166 litres) that I purchased from Chris.
I've got the tank up in position but it seems a little too high at the rear as it is touching the rear tub. Question is should there be a gap between tank and underside of rear. I am also attempting to fabricate a new rear crossmember as the old one was rotten on one side and was sure to fail at some point in the future. Will try to add some pics later.
Cheers.

hi Liam.
i can have a look tonighg at mine for you. the camping one isnt at home so cant check now.
thanks

hi Liam.
i can have a look tonighg at mine for you. the camping one isnt at home so cant check now.
thanks
Thanks Karl I'd appreciate that. I think you did mention you had a dual filler for the tank I might be interested in one but I am not sure how what I am going to do yet. I am not hooking it up to connect up to fuel system just going to use it like a storage tank and rig up some way of transferring fuel another way.

By the way I bought the tank from Chas not Chris.

Ah. i coppied one of my tanks off that tank. the one on my campers an origonal.
no problem.. i can sort a filler out no problem.

Don’t know how to upload images so no pics of tank. I think it is too high as it is fouling on the fuel inlet pipe. Needs to come down a touch, going to put a spacer underneath the front bracket that attaches onto forward crossmember.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If it’s fouling on the filler and you are planning on replacing it with the dual neck filler then it won’t be a problem.

I’ve just installed one and you cut that pipe off

BE5FE6ED-4C51-43F8-8EAC-0A32CBBD69FE.jpeg
9DB35139-A3D0-43C1-844C-1D001C66EE4D.jpeg

Evening Grant thanks for the pics. It's fouling where the pipe is inside the chassis rail so quite a away from where you have cut for the dual filler. I am a bit concerned that if the tank is too high it will vibrate and chafe through something.
It also seems very tight at the rear and is touching. Not sure if it would be better with a gap there also.

Hi Grant looked at it again this morning and it’s not that far inside the chassis rail as I thought where pipe is fouling. may get away with extending new rubber fill pipe a little longer inside rail then also put another piece of pipe round that area or something just to stop it potentially rubbing through.

Back