Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Flasher unit

froggy Steve

Supporter
Country Flag
europe
So, since fitting my extra rear lights, when connected to a trailer, my hazard warning lights flash once and stop - indicators all work fine, so I am guessing that the total of 12 indicators flashing at once is overloading the unit. Has anyone every changed theirs for a heavier duty unit? If so, where the heck is it?

Cheers
Steve

Hi steve,never had a problem with mine,but the trailer indicator light inside my motor used to flash even without a trailer on and all worked fine when towing,are your earths ok and no other lights flashing when indicators on?

You might find running the trailer indicators through a dedicated relay beneficial in this case, then your flasher unit wont be feeling the power drain as your trailer lights will have their own power source and the relay can trigger the trailers indicators.

Last edited:
Thanks Julian - I was hoping to find a puny little 30w flasher unt somewhere that I could replace with a bigger one. Its fine with no trailer, hazards work fine. With my camper trailer, indicators all work, it bleeps as well, just the hazards :(
***** idea!***** My work trailer has snazzy LED rear lights, I will plug that in later to see if they work or not........

Nothing else flashing, earths are good I am pretty sure the "relay cannae take it captain!"

LED lamps will make a difference, especially if you switch your standard bulbs for LED type.

LED lamps will make a difference, especially if you switch your standard bulbs for LED type.

You guys are Awsome! Just got home unloaded mower trailer from van, moved van, hooked up the Cruiser and plugged her in.....it works, hazards are all working as they should on the mower trailer that has LED rear lights.
So, dug around in the garage for some E13 21w equiv LED's and found some, but there RED! doh!!!! However tried them and they work, so just ordered some replacement bulbs from Ebay...cheaper than replacing the light units for sure & I dont have to P**s about looking for the puny flasher unit.

Cheers chaps, 1st beer is on me

Steve

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back