Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

for anybody with vanishing washer fluid

Knucklehead

Hi all,

Went to use the windscreen wash wipe yesterday and no spray. Nowt.
Bottle completely empty. Thought I must have been a lazy **** and hadn't topped it up.

Then same thing today. So went hunting thinking one of the hoses split but all good.
Nope, emptying out through one of the headlight sprayers.

Looking at the EPC there is an L shaped 'valve' which I am guessing is to stop tgravity doing its thing.

Haven't priced these little pieces of plastic from Mr T but unless dirt cheap I will leave the plastic pipe capped as never use the washers.

Part number is 85031-30020 in case anybody needs them.

Cheers,
Dave.

Okaaaay, seems these little valves are about £40 each:wtf:. I will do without.

Last edited:
Hey Dave, had exactly the same issue with one of my headlamp washer valves.

Mr T was a bit steep so I managed to get a similar valve from another car (maybe a BMW but I can't be sure, someone else helped me out).

It's a PITA when they fail, they just piss the water away without you knowing. There's no way into them to offer a repair, either.

I find I use the headlamp washers quite a lot, so I'm not keen to blank them off.

One of mine sprang a leak, I refitted it 180 degrees out as a temp repair and no leak, also no headlamp wash but that will be fixed when I remember to replace it.

Yeah Clive, don't like having anything not working on the wagon but Mr T is having a laugh.
Thinking can be little more than a ball and spring in there.

Might have a hunt around local scrap yard and see if can find something suitable.

Turning it around Julian is much better temp solution than my current bunged pipe.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Just as an update, I just ordered a new valve off Amayama Japan for £13 +p&p.
Even if get hit with import duties(unlikely) will still work out way cheaper than the near £50 in the UK.

Wasn't going to bother with it as rarely use the lamp washers but something not working started bugging me.
Hate these bloody 80s, like some sort of incurable disease...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just as an update, I just ordered a new valve off Amayama Japan for £13 +p&p.
Even if get hit with import duties(unlikely) will still work out way cheaper than the near £50 in the UK.

Wasn't going to bother with it as rarely use the lamp washers but something not working started bugging me.
Hate these bloody 80s, like some sort of incurable disease...

Good result KH, you can sleep easy now the monkey on your back is sleeping! (until it wakes again :lol:).

I don't remember now, but I don't think my "alternative cure" cost much more than yours.

honestly you can just reverse it and everything still works

Back