Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Forum Inbox............?

Towpack

Garage
Country Flag
england
How come all these ‘conversations’ with no content have suddenly appeared in my inbox? Anyone else got this?

99A13EBB-7108-42A0-B922-C397DB00F141.png
99A13EBB-7108-42A0-B922-C397DB00F141.png

Hi Towpack, I have not had this problem. The date is the date all Unix time is calculated from though so it might be that someone has genuinely attempted to send you a message and it has not gone through correctly because of an incorrectly (invalidly) set date so the starting date of 1st Jan 1970 has been used by default. It may be that they have re-attempted possibly because of an error thus giving you the 10 messages. Just guessing. It is odd though as if the date is lost because of a reboot or bios flash, when a system restarts it usually gets the time from a NTP (Network Time Protocol) server to set it correctly again. It may be that the NTP server the system uses may have been inaccessible temporarily or that the date has been deliberately set wrong on the senders system to circumvent some time based licensing of software. Hopefully if the message is genuine and important enough the sender will manage to get in contact.

Yes I had/have a load of them... only 10 mine shows 274 but that does include all the pms and I have not been in to sort out the exact numbers.

Regards,

Rodger

Back