Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Front Calipers for 80 series (to fit 310mm rotor)

iceman

Country Flag
south_africa
Hi Gents

Anybody got R/F and L/F brake calipers to suit a 92 onwards?

Oh Kaaaaaarrrrllll. Landcruiserparts.co.uk Our resident parts scrounger-upper.

Cheers Chris.
Shanes had some from me but they're not good enough.
The seals look a little poor in the ones sent.

Easiest thing in the world to rebuild. All you need is basic tools and an airline.

I've just had a pair of rear ones from Dan who got them from Milner. Have to say I really can't fault them. Looked like OEM to me. Perfect fit, all looked spot on. I have heard of one member who seemed to get a used one sent out to them. Don't know how that happened. I wouldn't be put off by that. Just make sure you speak to them about the order before you place it, if you go with Milner. There are other ones about.

get the rebuild kit off ebay and refurb what you have. easy to do..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chris would you buy the standard Milner (non-OEM) caliper?

I have used Brakeparts in the past and they were spot on plus I use the Big Red kits as well and never had a problem.

If you look back, I said I'd just fitted the Miler rears this weekend, I was singularly impressed. I coun't tell them from OEM. The fronts look the same. I have a full set of calipers on the bench that I was going to rebuild. They are nasty and I am now going to blow the pistons out of the pots and chuck the rest in the scrap. Just not worth it. With a decent caliper I can rebuild one in minutes though, but these are far too bad to be bothered. The Milner fronts, if as good as the rears look like a very cheap option. But that's only if you can't do your own. Typical situation really, if you were closer you could come round and we'd do them in the workshop in very little time. As long as the pistons aren't corroded, it's very easy.

I think that's the issue they both have corroded pistons and one is not bolting on straight, so likely worthless.

IMG-20150228-WA0014.jpg
IMG-20150228-WA0017.jpg

Mine are way worse than that. That just looks like crud. Mine are buckets of rust. Angle grinder and wire brush attachment would clean those up. You can never tell what the pistons will be like till you pop them out. They could salvage, but by the time you have cleaned them, split them, bought new pistons etc and put them all back together, you could have bought a set of aftermarket ones and been on your way.

It's always hard to advise on these things when you don't know what the other person has access to. I'd whizz them over, split them, strip them, pop the pistons in the lathe and just clean up the ends and give them a polish, wash them in brake cleaner and blow them out with an airline, put the new seals in and pistons, gaiters and then reassemble. But I have access to the kit and spares on the shelf. So for me, it's easy, I'd rebuild them. The key thing with so many questions on the forum is that my own time is free. So building them up would be the cost of the kit. But if you sent yours to me and I were to charge you, you'd just go and buy new ones.

Yeah your prices look expensive :lol: I've ordered two Milner front calipers. I just need to sort my CV's now.

And to think I was going to give you a discount too...

Back