Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Front Diff studs?

Kanooe

Country Flag
australia
I have snapped the studs that hold the 3rd member to the front axle housing. I’m trying to see if anyone knows where I can find new studs, nuts, and washers for my 80series??

The first image is what the stud looks like with a nut on it and the second is the studs in the housing. It snapped off after I installed the new front diff and over tightened the nut onto the studs. Very thankful if someone knows where to get new studs.
FBDAA633-E968-42D5-BB78-AFB9C5A3D9AB.jpeg
43C4E033-0620-42B5-AD18-F7B95F3C3303.jpeg

Have you tried Toyota themselves or Roughtrax?

Personally I would be concerned that the others might be weakened if you have over tightened them too but they have not snapped yet. Are you able to get hold of a torque wrench?

Have you tried Toyota themselves or Roughtrax?

Personally I would be concerned that the others might be weakened if you have over tightened them too but they have not snapped yet. Are you able to get hold of a torque wrench?
Yeah I wanna try replace all of them but not sure where I can find that specific stud. I did use a torque wrench but I think I followed the wrong torque spec online somewhere. I’ll have a look at roughtrax though. Thankyou very much

Feel free to check my working out

Screenshot_20231119_120421_Firefox.jpg

Last edited:
Feel free to check my working outView attachment 334632
Thankyou, had a look for the 41110A Toyota part, didn’t seem to get anything. When I searched up the 9011608233 I found the rear stud, not sure if they’re the same or not but I’ll check to see. Thanks for the help, appreciate it.

Thankyou, had a look for the 41110A Toyota part, didn’t seem to get anything. When I searched up the 9011608233 I found the rear stud, not sure if they’re the same or not but I’ll check to see. Thanks for the help, appreciate it.
I checked, but the rear diff stud is larger than the front. So still no luck there, thanks anyway though.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back