Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Front seats re upholster?

kamaal hussain

Country Flag
uk
I have front seats for an 80 series in grey leather, as usual they have seen better days.

Has anyone had their seats refurbished? Any companies in the midlands that can do them? I don't mind travelling.

Thanks

No affiliation other than seeing her work at the Overland show but always come highly recommended and bang in the Midlands

There will be several for sure....
It won't be cheap if they are the first 80 series seats they have done as a lot of the cost is in making the patterns for the first time .
There's a good company in Edenbridge... Kent I can recommend.... Vamped Trimming 01732 759600
Maybe try an internet search in your area ?

There will be several for sure....
It won't be cheap if they are the first 80 series seats they have done as a lot of the cost is in making the patterns for the first time .
There's a good company in Edenbridge... Kent I can recommend.... Vamped Trimming 01732 759600
Maybe try an internet search in your area ?
I emailed a company some pics and they came back at £1200, I wasn't expecting it to be that much or maybe I'm wrong.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
There’s a great place in Sheffield, the seats will be like brand new but it will be a four figure sum for 2 seats to be like new.
They do a lot of high end classic stuff and have a fair lead time which suggests quality work.
I had the headlining replaced on the high roof 60 and you’d have thought the factory had fitted it.

If your budget is tight you can buy replacement foam base from Toyota which might or might not save some ££.

Otherwise I’d consider just a very good pair of tailored covers such as Escape Gear.

I had a go at rebuilding an 80 seat with some success with some leather I had and using the other one for foam but I only did the base.

I emailed a company some pics and they came back at £1200, I wasn't expecting it to be that much or maybe I'm wrong.
Honestly I would expect 4 figures for a full recover and trim .... just for the front seats .
Nothing costs what you expect it too nowadays ...... you should try owning 80 year old WW2 vehicles...

I had my driver's seat bolster refurbished some years ago by Bielawski Sheffield Trimming Co. 0114 244 8033 and they did a great job. In fact I've been thinking of getting the whole seat redone as it's getting a bit tired. Looks like they don't have a website

I had my driver's seat bolster refurbished some years ago by Bielawski Sheffield Trimming Co. 0114 244 8033 and they did a great job. In fact I've been thinking of getting the whole seat redone as it's getting a bit tired. Looks like they don't have a website

Now Sheffield Trimming Co.
Down Attercliffe

If your budget is tight you can buy replacement foam base from Toyota which might or might not save some ££.

Otherwise I’d consider just a very good pair of tailored covers such as Escape Gear.

I had a go at rebuilding an 80 seat with some success with some leather I had and using the other one for foam but I only did the base.

Weirdly the foam is still good on both seats obviously not perfect but still very good

Reactions: uHu
consider a trip to Kosovo or similiar "low cost" Balkans country and likely a lot cheaper. Just another excuse to do a 4x4 mountain trip in Albania etc.

I have front seats for an 80 series in grey leather, as usual they have seen better days.

Has anyone had their seats refurbished? Any companies in the midlands that can do them? I don't mind travelling.

Thanks
I suggest asking your local quality used car dealers who they use for their upholstery repairs.

That's a good idea, as there must be loads of little cottage industries working from home/garage.
There was one near me since retired, that had customers from private and commercial alike.

Back