Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Gantry speed cameras on the M1

They wanted me to do mine in Herefod and charge me IIRC, 75 squids for it, but it would have cost me a tank and a half of diesel on top, but I got it transferred to Ealing where it cost 90 pounds but it did save me a 60 pound fine and three points.
My bl**dy laptop doesn't have a pound button, bugger!

BrendanB said:
:violin: Cheeky git :violin:
:mrgreen:

Sounds like a good deal to me, I didn't get offered that when I got my points which IIRC was £60 and 3 points but that was maybe 5 years ago now. I lied that those were my first ever though, I forgot I got 12 in one go and lost my licence for 6 months a very long time ago for going a bit quicker than for those 3 points.

I think it depends on lots of things like how quickly and truthfully you respond. If they can not read your writing, do it in purple ink they have discretion not to offer you the course. It is not a legal entitlement to take course but at police discretion.

West Yorks police are quite happy for you to take the course elsewhere IF it is on their approved/linked training centres. There were about 20 centres they would accept.

Remember police can withdraw the offer of the course at any time up to the moment you take the course. So take course early. Leave it to the end of the 3 or 4 months, get pinged again, they withdraw offer and you have 6 points on your license!

Brendan

I very recently had the £60/3 pts experience but didn't get any option to do any driver training course instead :( Would rather have done that had I been given the choice. Oh well, can't complain, it IS meant to be a punishment and deterrent after all. Personally I think the fine is way too low - 3pts and £500 would concentrate the mind a little more. :twisted: Obviously I wouldn't choose a heftier fine but it's intended to be a deterrent and I don't think £60 deters many motorists today, given the overall cost of driving, tax, insurance etc.
To me the 3 pts (and therefore 25% of the way to losing my licence :shock: ) is the scary part. Most parking fines in my neck of the woods are £100 so the £60 seemed very lightweight :mrgreen:

Back