Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Getting our winter firewood

They are pallet based, (free from the builders merchant)
When empty I can manhandle them around, each holds 1.75 m3 and measures H 6'6" W 4' D 2'6"

Hmm, I think I've just built my log store wrong. :weary::doh:
Still, the plan used to be to pile logs in the shed, then move them to stack them in the log store nearest the house. I've always thought this was far too much double handling. Your method combined with a pallet truck would work well moving the whole thing towards the house…except I can see the pallet truck wheel digging in and the whole thing going over and burying Lynn under a pile of logs that she would just have to stack again.

So, my new thinking with the new log store stands, stack well in the store and Lynn can fill the basket from there. I will even put a light in there for her when I get round to it in a few years.

Thanks Brian, you've made me realise what a good husband I am. :icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
I'll try to take a video of my log splitter as it has a lift on it which will handle big rounds and you may get some ideas from it.
like you I may find videoing a challenge.

Sony new thinking with the new log store stands, stack well in the store and Lynn can fill the basket from there. I will even put a light in there for her when I get round to it in a few years.

Thanks Brian, you've made me realise what a good husband I am. :icon-biggrin:

I think we must be the same, I got one of those small gorilla tubs and I leave a torch by the back door, all heart me :D

Even better Brian, I've got a spare torch somewhere and a few spare buckets…that's saved me putting a light up. :lol:

Back