Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Good Accessories Supplier

Crispin said:
My LR was through Elephant. When I got a quote for them about the LC I asked if it would be covered for off-road. Once they heard the dreaded word, they refused to cover me. Not even if I promised not to go off-road.
Be very clear when you are asking for a quote - "forgetfulness" and "miss-truths" will only sting you later .

Hmm.. that could present a problem. I know myself even if I promise not to to go off road I doubt I would be able to stand by it :mrgreen:

What insurance companies would you recomend??

Is there a seperate insurance that you have to take for Europe or is it covered by most insurance policies??

Crispin said:
Not sure you can insure a car which is yours under someone else's name.

I doubt you will get insurance without a valid UK licence.

The quotes you got, where they for you or for your dad and you as a driver?

I've also heard of (maybe wives tales?) of insurance refusing a claim when it's clear that you were the main driver and the insured driver is only doing you a favour.

When I was checking online for insurance quotes there was the option on licences even International and some insurance companies did not quote as they did not insure international drivers but Elephant and Admiral did quote and they were the most reasonable. Btw i used the Quote finder on Autotrader.co.uk

I will have to confirm if I can insure the car on my dads name as I have no idea

Navraj Singh said:
[quote="Crispin":3gu97rn3]My LR was through Elephant. When I got a quote for them about the LC I asked if it would be covered for off-road. Once they heard the dreaded word, they refused to cover me. Not even if I promised not to go off-road.
Be very clear when you are asking for a quote - "forgetfulness" and "miss-truths" will only sting you later .

Hmm.. that could present a problem. I know myself even if I promise not to to go off road I doubt I would be able to stand by it :mrgreen:

What insurance companies would you recomend??

Is there a seperate insurance that you have to take for Europe or is it covered by most insurance policies??[/quote:3gu97rn3]

I'm going to split this topic into an insurance one soon ;)

Off-road: Most of the "off roading" that happens in the UK is still a legal road. It's just unsurfaced. There are some here that are willing to argue that with the insurance companies as they should cover your car for use on any legal road.

I am with Chriss Knott who have a special off road cover. They will cover me for any off roading so long as it's not competitive or commercial. Lincomb Farm for example, would not be covered as a green lane and I would imagine most companies would refuse a claim.

Most companies include EU travel for a certain period. IIRC, mine is a month at a time. A friend is trying to buy a van to do a road trip around the EU for 3 months. It's proving very difficult.

Crispin said:
Most companies include EU travel for a certain period. IIRC, mine is a month at a time. A friend is trying to buy a van to do a road trip around the EU for 3 months. It's proving very difficult.
If you request a "Green Card" from your insurer, this covers you for up to 90 days (you have to ask). All insurers should be able to provide them, mine was included in my policy with The NFU. Some insurers will arrange extra cover outside of the green card scheme to cover you for longer.

Way way way off topic... Excellent Avatar amigo - you need to fit that feckin schnorkel!!!

Wanna borrow a holesaw ;-)

Come round one evening & we can carve REX up!!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Might just take you up on that Gav... I was measuring up for silicon elbows last night funnily enough - It's for the petrol model and needs a little tinkering to match up to my air box. I'll get an order in to hose world and let you know when I have everything i need ;)

Sorry for the OT :oops:

Just keeping it OT for a little longer... Let me know what you need to adapt the snorkel Jim - we have all sorts of things lying around here that might just do the job... :cool:

Back