Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Got It!

PM already sent Gav :)

Should be back for that one Ben, have to start planning.

Last edited:
:dance:

Be nice if I have my cruiser on the road by then! :icon-cool:

2000km each way according to google directions.

Would be nice to take the dirt roads there though really. :think:

No worries, can always go in mine.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
31st Gra. :icon-biggrin:

Container comes on the 28th.

Container insurance is now all sorted, money is all sorted, need to finish cleaning and packing everything, and buy a suitcase and I'm all done. :icon-cool:

Spoke to my old boss in Oz the other day after not speaking to him for 3.5 years, hopefully hes got some work for me. Just emailed him a copy of my CV.

Going to upload my CV to the main 6 job websites in OZ later.

Lincomb Tony has also been asking around for me, and hes already had a few offers of work for me. :clap:

Have also been busy shifting stuff on ebay, sold another 16 items today.

Things are coming together! :icon-biggrin:

My biggest problem is I'm struggling to sleep at night. :thumbdown:

I lie in bed for hours thinking about everything, doesnt help that I'm ridiculously excited about the big move. :dance:

Last edited:
Might be able to sort something in Melbourne at my company too.

Thanks Paul. :clap:

What does your company do?

I wondered if it was something oil/gas related seen as youve worked in Africa and now OZ. :think:

Tractors - cool ;-)

Lots of fun with some of those big 4x4 Massey Fergusons!!

Wish you the absolute best of luck, I never travelled let alone emigrated despite considering it many times, and regretted it my whole life.

Some impressive tractors there Paul. :clap:

Wish you the absolute best of luck, I never travelled let alone emigrated despite considering it many times, and regretted it my whole life.

Cheers. :thumbup:

I hear people like yourself say that and it makes me even more determined to take every opportunity in life that I can!

I really don't want to look back in 50 years and have regrets and think what if. :icon-biggrin:

Just found this for you Ben... bit out of budget, but fairly unstoppable in it's own way... BUT it's not a Toyota... think it's got portal axles, and did a good job on the Paris Dakar as well.

Also following on from MuckyPup, my Grandfather keeps telling me to do what I can, where I can and when I can. He's worked/lived in Pakistan, Germany, Australia, India, South Africa, North Africa and I'm sure some other places, and he regrets not settling in Australia having spent time in Adelaide and Sydney convalescing after contracting TB in Pakistan. I think that's the main reason that I'm so serious about getting back to Australia.

Last edited:
Some impressive tractors there Paul. :clap:
Cheers. :thumbup: I hear people like yourself say that and it makes me even more determined to take every opportunity in life that I can!
I really don't want to look back in 50 years and have regrets and think what if. :icon-biggrin:

That's the attitude Ben, as Mark Twain said;

Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour and catch the trade winds in your sails, explore, dream and discover.~ Mark Twain

The very best of luck to you.

Thanks Ed.

I quite like that. Out of budget, but nice. :thumbup:

That's the attitude Ben, as Mark Twain said;

Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour and catch the trade winds in your sails, explore, dream and discover.~ Mark Twain

The very best of luck to you.

Thanks Chas. :thumbup:

I'm itching to get off road! :drool:

6"s of snow outside and watching 4WD Action DVD's, not a good combination when your truck isnt on the road. :lol:

Interesting bit to thunk about...

I'd always heard that travelling around Australia in one direction was shorter than t'other, so decided to see what Google Maps had to say about it as I was bored and fed up today (another job rejection letter, didn't even get through to interview this time :( unlike the last few jobs I'd gone for, so no excuse to look for a LC in this country...)

Plotted a route around Australia, trying to follow the coast as closely as possible. Works out at 13,277km going anti-clockwise, and 13,273km going clockwise.... so it's true, going clockwise around Australia could really be shorter! (I'm not sure how much that is to do with one way systems compared to it being the inside route as such though...)

Last edited:
It's probably something to do with the Earths spin in the Southern Hemisphere. :lol:

That doesn't make sense. :?

Imagine a 2 lane road going all the way around Australia.

Surely as they drive on the left (same as the UK) Then going anti clockwise would be less distance?

Think of an athletics track, the inside lane covers less distance than the outside lane? :think:

Like you say must be road layout and 1 way systems. :?

That doesn't make sense. :?

Imagine a 2 lane road going all the way around Australia.

Surely as they drive on the left (same as the UK) Then going anti clockwise would be less distance?

Think of an athletics track, the inside lane covers less distance than the outside lane? :think:

Like you say must be road layout and 1 way systems. :?

That's what I thought... I will have a play around with it tomorrow afternoon when I get some peace and quiet again! I think that I'll tweak it so that it doesn't head into towns as the via points, so that may take that bit away...

Back