Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Greetings from Maryland

Lindsay

Hey everyone, I’m Lindsay and I’m living just south of Baltimore in Maryland. My boyfriend and I just purchased a white 94 Land Cruiser from a friend and are looking to restore it, fix cosmetic issues, etc. We’re both decent when it comes to car repairs but have no prior experience with this particular vehicle. I’m a little nervous taking on this project just because it doesn’t seem like parts are easy to find for the 80 series anymore. The exhaust is completely rusted out, some minor electrical issues, seatbelts are torn, and a bit of rust on the trunk lid. Other than that, the car is solid, still drives with 260,xxx miles on it, and looks awesome. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

*will upload pics sometime this week. I want to give it a bath first ;)

Welcome along Lindsay, lot of really helpful, friendly guys here to help. Looking forward to the pictures.
PS Would love to visit your National Aquarium on the harbour front, have heard its brilliant

Welcome, sounds in great shape!

Exhaust / seatbelts / minor electric issues are all easy to sort, and the rust on the trunk is a lot easier to fix than if it was on sills or chassis, so again, not a big or expensive one to fix.

Sounds like you have a keeper!

Owen

Lindsay,
Rust states (East and North incl. Chicago etc.) are well used to dealing with those issues. Others like CO/AZ/NM don't even know what you're talking about.
The UK/IRL/EU 'states' over here are well used to it as well ; so plenty of good advice
Most of the USA 80 owners are on ih8mud forums with all diesel expertise on forums here and some in Canada nt forgetting Aussie land

Welcome aboard Lindsay, boyfriend and the Cruiser!

You’ve made a good choice with that one!

Parts are not hard to find, the main problem is paying to ship them around the world and import them to your doorstep.

The Middle East is a good source, or as already said, loads of more local (to you) info on IH8MUD.

Photos are obligatory so we await them patiently :confusion-waiting:

Welcome Lindsay, great to have you here. You've got a great truck and you've come to the right place for help and advice though as said, Ih8Mud is more US based.
First off I would say to use genuine Toyota parts as much as you can. There's some that can be after market but generally the trucks survive and are solid because of the Toyota parts. Use sites like Amayama or Partsouq to source new genuine parts at reasonable money (no Toyota parts are 'cheap', see above for reasons). Lots of stuff available from Oz.

The mileage is not high for an 80, there's examples on here with twice that. As said, looks like you've got a good base for a great truck with only minor issues that can be fixed relatively easily.

Looking forward to pics too. :)

Best wishes
Rich

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back