Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Half Cut Engine Options...

Simon_LJ70

Garage
Am toying with the idea of purchasing a half cut from Japan to replace my 2.4 2L-T with a 3.0 KZ-T and like the idea of a half cut so you get all the other bits needed to do the job, and a template! Has anyone got any good experiences and recommend a supplier? Have googled a few options but no luck so far.

Any other suggestions for engines that will fit an LJ70?

Hi Simon,

I suspect you may find it cheaper (and easier) to buy a complete 3.0 car in the UK in reasonable condition and swap any upgrades from your existing car - bearing in mind that these cars are worth more in most parts of the world than they are in the UK so half cuts aren't usually cheap, especially once you've added shipping, duty, vat and currency exhange.

Best of luck whichever way you go...
Toby
1990 HDJ80
1994 HDJ80

Thanks Toby, will keep looking for a cheap one in the uk, but so hard to find! The half cut option sounds good but if it's going to be expensive then may rule it out.

Dumbass here but I'z gotta know... Whats this half cut engine thing then? :oops:

you get the front half of the truck complete with all the ECU's, wiring etc instead of just an engine, makes a mix and match conversion a lot easier.

From what I have read I believe it's the front half of a vehicle. Apparently this is common on japan, where they literally cut a vehicle in half and export the front half which will have the engine, auxiliaries, full anyone wiring harness and ecu as opposed to just buying a motor and getting to source the other bits yourself.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If you google half cut engine there are a few out there mostly from japan and malaysia, I have emailed a few for quotes, as am wanting to upgrade from 2lt to 1kzt and getting the dash, engine, gearbox and all the engine bay sounds a good idea but not had anything back yet. Will post an update as soon as I here anything back..

Back