Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Half shaft seals on 95 with rear discs

jonnyboy54321

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Gents

After a cursory look over the new 95, we have signs of what may be a failed seal on the nsr half shaft.
I've had a bit of a search of the forum but the threads I could find were all for rear drums not discs.
Has anyone done one? I've got the brake parts ready but need to get on with seals etc.

Thx

J

The drum part (where the handbrake mech is) is the inside of the disc assembly. Take the wheel off, then caliper and the disc should pull off (might need to back off the handbrake shoes a bit first through the inspection hole). Undo the handbrake cable to shoe. If you have ABS then carefully undo and pull the ABS sensor out of the top, then the 4 bolts that hold the halfshaft bracket and it should pull out as one.

First I would check the axle breather is effective. I had the same on my Collie, what would appear to be a slight weep from the N/S rear axle oil seal. However I cleaned the oil off with brake cleaner and removed the axle breather ( which was solid), freed it off with WD40 an turned it till it was freed up and replaced. This seems to have cured the problem, done 1000 miles in it and its still dry.
Just a suggestion to try before tearing it down Jonnyboy.

Oooooh Andy, will have a look at that as it is the nsr too.
Cheers pal

J

Axle breather is bathing in some cleaner as it was solid. Cleaned off signs of diff oil with brake cleaner and it's a watching brief for now.
Anyone need some seals?? lol

Back