Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Handbrake light... Grrrr

Bob

Supporter
Country Flag
ireland
Hi guys,

The last week or two I've noticed that the handbrake warning light is coming on intermittently - especially when changing gears from 1 thru 4 - and then going off again after a couple of seconds. Tried basic diagnosis, not related to handbrake lever and I re adjusted the mechanism in March for its test so handbrake itself is as good as can be expected on a 90. I'm a bit baffled as i don't have a handbook for the truck... ideas??

Thanks

Err top up the brake fluid?

Chris

"Facepalm" :doh: .... Never thought of that as it never comes on under braking, but will have a peek in morning when its not raining quite so much!!

We're here to help. Hope that sorts it. But if it is low, then why? Just normal movement in the pistons and you haven't topped up? Or do you have a leak anywhere?

Chris

Definitely not a leak, park in same spot in the yard every day and zero deposits.. pretty good on most mechanicals but brakes would be my Achilles heel.

:whistle: Chris, I recall that being my first ever post too on the darkside forum :oops:

But then again you'd expect no less from me would you :lol: :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yep, low fluid level... And wouldn't ya know my front pads are near the end of their days... Cheers for pointing what I :hand: now see to be obvious!!! :doh:

Back