Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Happy Boy!

Oh no !!!! MS failed its French MOT - passed a UK one in January though..........nothing too serious -#1 Chassis number covered in rustproofing so he cant find it - I think its just behind the drivers side wheel - can anyone post a pic of the vin# on the chassis so i know exactly were it is - I can scrape away the covering and make it all clean for him to read please.....#2 leaking rear shock :( these are RidePro Xtream Rox shocks - I have found a Frenchie supplier and they are 154€ each......... :( and lastly,#3 the front-rear brake balance isnt good - Rears are only 42% efficient as I understand it - so I need to balance this out a bit better (I meaning my mechanic guy!). Charlie had his rooftent mounted on - this is something we are planning to do - would this make a big difference to brake balance?

pic of brake results

View attachment 141805
Might just need a fiddle with the lsv on the rear axle

Thats what I am hoping - along with an RTT slung up there as well :)

Oh no !!!! MS failed its French MOT - passed a UK one in January though..........nothing too serious -#1 Chassis number covered in rustproofing so he cant find it - I think its just behind the drivers side wheel - can anyone post a pic of the vin# on the chassis so i know exactly were it is - I can scrape away the covering and make it all clean for him to read please.....#2 leaking rear shock :( these are RidePro Xtream Rox shocks - I have found a Frenchie supplier and they are 154€ each......... :( and lastly,#3 the front-rear brake balance isnt good - Rears are only 42% efficient as I understand it - so I need to balance this out a bit better (I meaning my mechanic guy!). Charlie had his rooftent mounted on - this is something we are planning to do - would this make a big difference to brake balance?

pic of brake results

View attachment 141805

Chassis number on drivers side chassis behind wheel towards exhaust down pipe if I recall correctly Steve.

I’d suggest you get the RTT up there if you can, before you start disturbing the LSV.

The rears lagging behind is preferable to them coming on too much. Controlling heavy braking in the wet with over-enthusiastic rear brakes can be lethal (just watch the Lada’s in some “Russian Roads” YouTube videos) :scared-eek:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yep behind RH front wheel just rear of the spring.

I will pop over to mine and grab a pic about 08.00 this morning.

Regards

Dave

Last edited:
Suspension lift will give the wrong balance Steve. The LSV is moved away from the axle thus pressure is reduced. As per Clive, you need more weight at the rear. Measure chassis to axle bump stop before and after fitting RTT, that will give you an idea how much the rear has come down.

Regards

Dave

Hi Steve and Dawn, please check your email for picture of chassis number.

Large armoured cable covering part of the number, may or may not be on yours.

Regards

Dave

Suspension lift will give the wrong balance Steve. The LSV is moved away from the axle thus pressure is reduced. As per Clive, you need more weight at the rear. Measure chassis to axle bump stop before and after fitting RTT, that will give you an idea how much the rear has come down.

Regards

Dave
will do Dave thanks

here is where my chassis number is, but covered over.
20180317_085710.png

Managed to get tent on Yesterday - took a bit longer than planned as slightly wider than the rear upright rails, so they to come off - the stainless steel screws were a sod!I had to drill 4 out and use extractors to get them out! Broke 3 extractors as well! Still, 4 hours later and jobs a good one :)

20180401_161500.png

20180401_161525.png

Yes, the collar doesn't seem To fully come back after release so the male bit falls out. Is It a different sized fitting ?
There are several types of quick release fitting. You just need the correct one. BSP and NPT are available in the UK. There’s even air fittings that are designed to fit and seal both.

On your windscreen, I’ll be surprised if thecwater isn’t coming around the rubber on a bottom corner. Mine did this after having a new screen fitted by Autoglass who didn’t know about rubber fit windscreens any more. Wat h in the rain. The rubber is lower on the inside than the outside so on level ground or slightly tilted front up the water on the outside is higher than that on the inside.

The only and best solution is to remove the screen, clean up the rubber and refit using Butyl Screen Seal from eBay. It’s not a bad job tbh.

Thanks for the reply - hose sorted, ordered one from Amazon usa, so it fits now - i didnt realise there were different fittings......
We have had lots of rain but no further leaks....I dont know why. The corner of the windscreen does look a bit bumpy, and the glass on drivers corner has delaminated, so a new screen will be needed one day.
20180402_110758.jpg

Back