Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hearsay and rumour

An LC CO2 and NO2 emissions can already be reduced to fit within the Euro 7 standard by implementing the same changes that we have seen on some commercial vehicles.

I think the question should be will DVLA reclassify LC for emissions if by adding or changing things to reduce emissions to the Euro 7.

Even though quite costly this is the route I would choose.

OR just wait for older vehicles to hit the historic car classification "All vehicles that have a ‘historic’ vehicle tax class will be exempt from the ULEZ "

Last edited:
Built in Japan 1992, bought directly from local importer, and I have owned around 15 years.
I am still not sure if I like the 120 recently purchased, better.

Built in Japan 1992, bought directly from local importer, and I have owned around 15 years.
The LC you like the most is the one your wife likes the most, happy wife happy life. :thumbup: :)

You've only got 12 years to go until the LJ78 is 'historic'

Wish I still had my first Land Cruiser it was a HJ60 1982 I would only had 2 years to go until 'historic'

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
She drove the 78 about 3 times, and hasn't driven the 120. Not likely to either after side swiping Postman Pat before Xmas in her Civic. I don't think she liked to appear too comfy in the 78 in case I asked her to take a turn towing the caravan !!

HJ60s must be really rare ?
You'll have to ask the dudes in the 60 fourm about rarity in the UK, I would think in Africa there are still just more than a few, a lot of LC'S sold to Asia, Africa, Middle East, the America's and Australia, in comparison to Europe, the 60 was very popular as it was arguably the first LC to compete in the 'luxury 4X4 market', the best 60 I had out of the three I had was the last one, wish I still had it.

The three pic's are of my last 60 taken circa 1997, and I never did catch that git leaning on my car.

Attachments

• IMG_1789.jpg
    IMG_1789.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1790.jpg
    IMG_1790.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1787.jpg
    IMG_1787.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 31
If the tax is going to be calculated by the emissions achieved at the MOT, then why shouldn't the euro standard be applied at the same time rather than having to 'live with what it shows on the original invoice'

I live in London and in 18 months time my home will be part of the extended ULEZ. That will mean that every day my car is parked in its garage, it will be taxed £12 a day!!

For me this is crazy. I live and work in london, but only use a car to get out of London! Most of my neighbours and friends are in the same situation.

This means that most of my neighbours will need to abandon their lives of car ownership as they can not afford a new car. I my family's case that means both the wife's golf and my cruiser will need to go (well I will need to at least find a place to hide the cruiser).

It will be interesting to see what Kaan says after this pandemic situation we are all going through at the moment. I think this will affect a lot of people long term including companies. No one will be in a position to buy new cars!

Excuse my ignorance of the situation, why woul your car be taxed at £12 per day if in garage and not using it ?
Another stealth tax to get older cars or diesels off the road ?

I live in London and in 18 months time my home will be part of the extended ULEZ. That will mean that every day my car is parked in its garage, it will be taxed £12 a day!!

For me this is crazy. I live and work in london, but only use a car to get out of London! Most of my neighbours and friends are in the same situation.

This means that most of my neighbours will need to abandon their lives of car ownership as they can not afford a new car. I my family's case that means both the wife's golf and my cruiser will need to go (well I will need to at least find a place to hide the cruiser).

It will be interesting to see what Kaan says after this pandemic situation we are all going through at the moment. I think this will affect a lot of people long term including companies. No one will be in a position to buy new cars!

Thats £4320 per year X how many cars caught in the ULEZ net, a very good haul for someone's back pocket.

This is what happens when you vote for a far-left racist hypocrite nutcase to be Mayor...... That's the royal 'you' not you personally.

Theres no turning back, once the govenment relise how much of a money earning swiz it is it will never change. How much longer have you got to endure before the next London mayoral elections? I was born in Lambeth and glad I got out of London, it's a shit hole.

I feel sorry for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Probably be OK 'IN' the garage just don't put it on the road. o_O

When all the cars on the road are electric, which are currently tax free, what will they tax to get the lost revenue from road fund licence?

When all the cars on the road are electric, which are currently tax free, what will they tax to get the lost revenue from road fund licence?
There is a Government 'think tank' that are trying to come up with ways of replacing the road fund licence, two thoughts that on the table at the mo are, taxing brake pad wear, and tyre wear.

We are in a similar situation to Dylan. Really not sure what is the best course of action here.

Back