Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Held to ransom

Dark Dude

Yesterday, the battery in my truck finally decided to give up the ghost after 12 years of sterling service. That was confirmed by the dude from the RAC and after a quick call to Toyota Jemca in Enfield where a replacement battery was duly ordered. Then a plan was hatched for the RAC dude to come back this morning, jump start the car and follow me up the Great Cambridge Road, where the old battery would be removed and a new battery fitted. So first thing this morning I get a call from Jemca informing that the battery as arrived and fitting for midday. Then I call the RAC when I'm informed that they (the RAC) are going to charge me £89.00 plus vat for requesting a repeat callout and for refusing to buy and fit one of their own supplied batteries (ie: I was being held to ransom). So if anyone.........

in the Tottenham area and provide me a jump start, I'd be forever in your debt. Next year, I take my business to Green Flag and fxxxK RAC!

Next year, I take my business to Green Flag and fxxxK RAC!
I can thouroghly recommend Green Flag :thumbup:, I've been unfortunate to have to call them twice recently, once in the UK on my way to France and again in France. Both times their response was very quick, the UK recovery driver told me when they get a call from Green Flag it gets priority over all other breakdown services inc the AA & RAC, and the beauty is I get it free with my Nat West bank account. :dance:

Try club Toyota. £69 a year for everything. AA under the covers. Used them a lot in Italy :( and not one complaint about their service

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Dark Dude

I'm near Tottenham and can provide a jump start if required.

Paul c

Yesterday, the battery in my truck finally decided to give up the ghost after 12 years of sterling service. That was confirmed by the dude from the RAC and after a quick call to Toyota Jemca in Enfield where a replacement battery was duly ordered. Then a plan was hatched for the RAC dude to come back this morning, jump start the car and follow me up the Great Cambridge Road, where the old battery would be removed and a new battery fitted. So first thing this morning I get a call from Jemca informing that the battery as arrived and fitting for midday. Then I call the RAC when I'm informed that they (the RAC) are going to charge me £89.00 plus vat for requesting a repeat callout and for refusing to buy and fit one of their own supplied batteries (ie: I was being held to ransom). So if anyone.........

in the Tottenham area and provide me a jump start, I'd be forever in your debt. Next year, I take my business to Green Flag and fxxxK RAC!

I dont Blame you. out and out con.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back